Alliance Air delays flight to allow ‘retrieved organs to save 4 lives’
Air India’s subsidiary company Alliance Air on Saturday delayed one of its flights to Delhi from Jaipur by half an hour as it waited for “retrieved organs donated by a woman to save four lives.”
The retrieved organs along with a team of doctors and paramedics staff were to be flown to the national capital, the airline said on Sunday.
“The retrieved organs to be transported consisted of 2 lungs, 1 liver, and 1 kidney and were urgently needed at Delhi to save 4 lives. Collaborated efforts of Rajasthan Chief Minister’s office, State Organ and Tissue Transplant Organisation (SOTTO), Air India, Alliance Air, Central Industrial Security Force, and Jaipur airport authorities for this humanitarian cause helped in saving 4 lives,” Alliance Air said.
Pilots and crew members of the aircraft have announced about the reality of flight delayed that a team of doctor is coming to take the flight and they are running late with live organ, “passengers on the flight came to know about the reason of flight delay, they waited patiently for the organs to arrive at the airport. The airline thanked all the passengers for their support,” Alliance Air stated.
The organ harvesting surgery performed at a private hospital in Jaipur was a complicated one involving retrieval of lungs, kidney, and liver and hence was time taking, the airline said,
The retrieved organs needed to reach Delhi soon after harvesting, said the airline.
On arriving at the airport, the retrieved organs were rushed through the security check-in by Alliance Air ground staff. The flight then took off at 21:28 hours with the harvested organs, it said.
“I look forward to leading Alliance Air and take it to greater glory and enhanced regional connectivity, through safe and efficient operations, passionate hard work, clear focus, meeting the goals of the business and corporate social responsibility through a true ‘alliance’ of hearts and divine energy with teamwork and faith in God,” said Mrs Harpreet A De Singh, CEO, Alliance Air.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The total detected amount in major fake invoice cases is ₹798.88 crore.
- A prominent farmer leader said they will display tableaus of around 14 states in the tractor parade and around 2000 vehicles, including tractors, will participate in the rally on the Republic Day.
- The government claims that there's no proof either of any loss of revenue and of benefits accruing to department officials or of their involvement in any conspiracy.
- Hardik Pandya and KL Rahul had petitioned the high court last year seeking quashing of the FIR. The court had already given interim protection to both of them from arrest.
- A senior BJP leader said that attempts have been made to include almost all the major communities in the core group.
- The accused put up the warning against the corporator on his facebook page and made offers to hire contract killers, following which, police’s cyber cell traced and nabbed him
- n the missing complaint, family members expressed apprehension that the boy might have crossed to Pakistan since the family lived very close to the Indo-Pak international border and they had relatives in Pabni village in Pakistan.
- Chief minister Ashok Gehlot claimed that Rajasthan was the only state in India to be put in the green category in the detailed evaluation done by the World Health Organization due to better performance on all the parameters of vaccination.
- The IT department sleuths also found an alpha-numeric secret code on each item found in the tunnel. Attempts are on to crack the code.
- The Supreme Court had said last year in February that illegal sand mining could cause irreparable damage to the environment and is rampant in Rajasthan.
- Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot held the 'verbal exchange' between the two vaccine manufacturers as the reason behind the decline in participation in the vaccination drive
- Gajendra Singh was the son of former home minister and Congress stalwart from Rajasthan, Gulab Singh Shaktawat.
- The police investigated the case and got hold of the accused who was found to be a woman during the medical examination.