Lok Sabha election 2019: All you need to know about Andaman and Nicobar Islands
The Union territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, which has only one Lok Sabha seat, has traditionally seen the fight between the BJP and the Congress party.
Bishnu Pada Ray of the Bharatiya Janata Party had won the last Lok Sabha election in 2014 after defeating Congress’ Manoranjan Bhakta. Ray had won the parliamentary election before that as well.
Andaman and Nicobar Islands will vote on April 11 and results of the Lok Sabha election 2019 will be declared on May 23.
Here is what you need to know about the Union territory:
* Date of polling: April 11
*Counting of votes: May 23
*Ruling party/coalition in the state: It is a Union territory and the President is the chief administrator
* Number of Lok Sabha seats in Andaman and Nicobar: 1
* Party wise break-up of the Lok Sabha seats: BJP-1
* Number of voters in the state: 269,360
* Voter turnout in 2014: 70.66%
* Number of assembly seats: NA
* Party wise break-up of assembly seats: NA
* Key leaders across parties: Bishnu Pada Ray (BJP), Manoranjan Bhakta (Congress)