5 space-saving home decor hacks for small apartments
Don’t let the limited space cramp your home decor aspirations. Instead, experiment with curtains, racks and wicker baskets to save space and make your house look straight out of a magazine.more lifestyle Updated: Jun 05, 2017 14:52 IST
Rising real estate prices may have forced you to live in a small and compact home. But don’t let it deter you from decorating it well within the space constraints. One of the key solutions is to be smart with storage and the type of furniture you buy for a small apartment, say experts. Pritika Chatterjee, co-founder and CEO of TidyHomz, and Mahima Singh, Visual Merchandiser at Furlenco, share some decor tips.
* Hang a curtain around your bed. Choose a soothing colour that complements the walls of the room as well as your bedside lamp shade. This simple trick will make your sleeping space cosy and comfortable.
* Another way to liven up a small space is by bringing in smart furniture. In a small space, every single piece of furniture must provide multiple functions. There is a wide variety of multipurpose racks available in the market.
* Be smart with storage. Use vertical space with floor-to-ceiling shelving for your bare essentials. If you plan to stay longer, store knick-knacks in wicker baskets or embellished boxes to keep everything clean and organised.
* Invest in a centre table: It candouble up as a coffee table and when you pull the top up, it can turn into an instant work station. All your documents, books, remote controls or other small stuff can also go into the storage when the table opens up.
* Opt for an extendable table: It can be a good idea if you prefer eating on a dining table. You can easily convert a four-seater to a six-seater depending on the number of guests at your place.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
First Published: Jun 05, 2017 11:20 IST