Monsoon weddings can be amazing, here are 9 tricks to make it memorable
Monsoon weddings can be extremely romantic and unique. Don’t let the weather spoil your plans though. Here are 9 tips to help you.Updated: Aug 03, 2018 12:34 IST
While monsoon is not peak wedding season, a lot of people love the idea of getting married during this season. But the unpredictable weather makes many shy away from doing so. Kunal Rai, Vice President-Weddings and Events at Tamarind Global; and Saloni Sanghvi, event specialist at Entertainment Bay, list some dos and don’ts for the perfect monsoon wedding:
Things you should do:
* Book a hotel, hall or palace — as your budget permits — but there must be a solid roof over the head of your wedding guests.
* Treat the season as a blessing, and plan a rain dance party as a pre-wedding event.
* The wedding outfit can also be matched with the theme of the season, where you can opt for colours like peach, subtle gold and hues of pink.
* Accessorise the wedding favours with umbrellas, cute raincoats and other rainwear gear like flip-flops.
* Keep a balanced approach towards the number of hot and cold beverages.
Things you should not do:
* Monsoon is a bad time to wear make-up. Even waterproof make-up needs constant touch-ups. However, one can always bet on high quality waterproof make-up to last longer and make less of a mess.
* Avoid heels and stilettos. Instead, opt for wedgies and good, old-fashioned jutties to go with your clothes.
* Unless you wish for the hem of your dresses to be lined with brown/black grime, do not opt for floor-length gowns, suits, anarkalis and designer dresses.
* Flowers tend to welt quickly in the humid weather, so one should avoid flower-based decorations. Instead, go for lightweight parachute material decorations, such as drapes and a gazebo. Even artificial flowers can be a great option.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
First Published: Aug 03, 2018 12:34 IST