Justin Bieber’s India tour: We read the fine print so you don’t have to
Justin Bieber’s first concert in India, part of the Purpose World Tour, will be held at Mumbai’s DY Patil Stadium on May 10. Here’s a list of fine print.Updated: May 04, 2017 16:14 IST
One day after a rider that listed Justin Bieber’s bizarre ‘demands’ for the India leg of his tour went viral, another list has been circulated that contains detailed information on the arrangements being made for the concert.
According to the rider, Bieber demanded a personal helicopter, a personal Rolls Royce, and a personal masseuse (to be flown in from Kerala) for his trip. The Canadian popstar also wants his favourite candy, beverages, chocolates, and perfumes.
The show - Bieber’s first in India - will be held on May 10 at the DY Patil stadium in Mumbai.
We’ve picked out 10 fine print points so you’re prepared.
1. This is a wrist-band access festival. In case wrist-bands are taken off, a replacement wrist-band will not be issued. No re-entry is permitted for the entire period of the event. Wrist bands will be cut by the security team in case an attendee wishes to exit the venue during the period of the event.
2. No outside food will be allowed, but you can buy everything from biryani to tacos from the food stalls present at the venue. There will be a free supply of packaged drinking water to beat the summer heat.
3. The set list will include just a few of his older hits, including Baby and Boyfriend, focusing instead on his new EDM-influenced LP, which features collaborators such as Skrillex and Diplo.
4. Bieber is a man of few words on stage and tends to directly address the crowd only a handful of times. When he does, it is usually to check in on the audience to see if they are having fun, or to thank them for giving him the opportunity to stand in front of them.
5. There will be a special chopper service available from Mahalakshi to Navi Mumbai every 30 minutes that will allow fans to skip the traffic and reach the stadium in 15 minutes flat.
6. 10 party buses with an illusionist, stand-up comedian and karaoke session, quiz games will be present.
7. SpiceJet will offer discounted airfare for outstation attendees and shuttles to and fro from the parking lot to the stadium.
8. Children below 12 years will not be permitted inside the venue.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
First Published: May 04, 2017 16:14 IST