Bengali film Ludo gains momentum, Hindi remake in the offing
It seems Ludo, which premiered at an ongoing film festival in Mumbai, has generated quite a buzz. The first two shows of the film on Sunday and Tuesday were houseful with the crowd primarily comprising students and graduates from film schools, independent filmmakers and music artistes. So much so, that a special screening was arranged on Monday on audience demand.
Sunday’s screening was attended by filmmaker Q, actors Rii, Tilottama Shome, Kamalika Banerjee and cinematographer Sayak Bhattacharya. The screening was followed by a Q&A session, hosted by comedian and screenwriter, Varun Grover.
Watch Ludo trailer here:
“I am happy with the way people have reacted to Ludo. It felt great to see people forming their own opinion and views on the film and asking us questions. That they loved the film and appreciated us was motivating,” says Q. Film and theatre director Suman Mukhopadhyay who also attended the screening, said that he enjoyed the film’s sound and camera work. Varun and Tilottama said that they have never seen the audience wait so eagerly for the Q&A session.
Given the positive response, Q is now planning to make the film in Hindi singlehandedly. The Bengali version has been jointly directed by Q and Nikon. Q, however, says that the Hindi version won’t be an out and out remake. Instead, he will weave a new story revolving around the same idea. If sources are to be believed, Phantom Films might produce the Hindi version.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Ankita Lokhande, in an Instagram live, talked about going through depression but not opening up about it. She said that she did not have anyone to support her except her family and some fans.
- Rubina Dilaik shared a throwback swimsuit photo of herself and said that she really wants to go on a vacation. However, her husband Abhinav Shukla had a funny response.
- Bhumi Pednekar shared a number of behind-the-scenes photos and videos from the making of Sonchiriya as the film completed two years of its release. She included a special dedication for Sushant Singh Rajput.
- Rakhi Sawant hosted a party on Monday, which was attended by a number of her Bigg Boss 14 co-contestants, including Nikki Tamboli, Jaan Kumar Sanu, Vikas Gupta and Rahul Mahajan.
- As Karisma Kapoor showed off her figure in a new Instagram post, Manish Malhotra and Sophie Choudry were reminded of her Dil To Pagal Hai days.
Vineet Kumar Singh: My career has been built from one-two scenes; I have played the role of a dead body too
- Kangana Ranaut on Monday shared photos of her partially demolished Mumbai office, and said that her 'heart broke again' after she visited the property.