Nagarjuna says his film with Nani will be on the lines of Munnabhai MBBS
After Ram Gopal Varma’s Officer, actor Nagarjuna is already on to his next project, a big light-hearted comedy with which the veteran star says he enters the Munnabhai-territory. “This new film that I am doing with Nani is very much in the Raj Kumar Hirani territory. I play a gangster and Nani plays my doctor. It is a very warm-hearted funny script. And I’ve a feeling director Sriram Adittya will make something special out of it,” says Nag, who has no problem doing two-hero films with younger actors.
“I’ve never in my career felt threatened by the presence of any other actor. Earlier I was mostly doing solo-hero films in Telugu because that was what was offered to me. Recently these two-hero projects have come which I enjoy doing. I enjoyed working with Karthi in ‘Oopiri’. I am sure working with Nani will be a lot of fun,” says Nag who looks forward to working with his sons Nag Chaitanya and Akhil.
There has been an announcement that Nagarjuna would be working with Priyadarshan in a biopic “Makkar the Lion Of The Arabian Sea”, based on the exploits of the 16th century naval explorer Kunjali Marakkar-IV.
However Nag dismisses these reports as premature. “I was approached but I need to hear the script before I say ‘yes’. I will be hearing it June end. At the moment I am only doing the film with Nani,” he said.
Nag feels no pressure at this stage to work non-stop. “I’ve to be happy with the work I am doing. And to be happy the role has to be challenging. And for the role to be challenging it has to be something I haven’t done before.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Bhumi Pednekar shared a number of behind-the-scenes photos and videos from the making of Sonchiriya as the film completed two years of its release. She included a special dedication for Sushant Singh Rajput.
- Rakhi Sawant hosted a party on Monday, which was attended by a number of her Bigg Boss 14 co-contestants, including Nikki Tamboli, Jaan Kumar Sanu, Vikas Gupta and Rahul Mahajan.
- As Karisma Kapoor showed off her figure in a new Instagram post, Manish Malhotra and Sophie Choudry were reminded of her Dil To Pagal Hai days.
Vineet Kumar Singh: My career has been built from one-two scenes; I have played the role of a dead body too
- Kangana Ranaut on Monday shared photos of her partially demolished Mumbai office, and said that her 'heart broke again' after she visited the property.
- Ankita Lokhande, in an Instagram live, urged Sushant Singh Rajput's fans to stop blaming her and said that no one knows her side of the story. She also revealed that she went through depression.
- Prince Harry has said that his and wife Meghan Markle's decision to take a step back from the royal family was exacerbated by a desire to not have history repeat itself. He did not want to be overwhelmed by media scrutiny in the way that his mother, Diana, was.
- Sanjay Dutt introduced fans to his new look in a family portrait shared by his wife Maanayata Dutt. He could be seen sporting bleached hair in the photo.
- Nikki Tamboli has both defended and made certain clarifications about accusing Jaan Kumar Sanu of kissing her on Bigg Boss 14.
- Priyanka Chopra said that while she gets a lot of love and protectiveness from her South Asian fans, there are a lot of people from the community who are negative about her.
- BTS singer V left fans in India screaming after he was seen thanking a yoga instructor with a "namaste."