Are Indian men ready to support their spouse’s career dreams? This survey reveals it all
A new survey by Bharat Matrimony indicates that a majority of men are keen to support their spouse in their career, are fine with the partner being older to them, and are happy to cook for them if they are late.sex and relationships Updated: Aug 09, 2017 13:53 IST
A social media study, titled Guys Are Ok, Are Girls, conducted by the online matchmaking brand BharatMatrimony, attempted to bust some myths about what is acceptable to guys when it comes to finding a life partner. The survey witnessed over 1,000 responses.
Kaushik Tiwari, Head of Marketing at Bharat Matrimony.com said, “This campaign broke stereotypes about guys looking to get married and the insight was pretty interesting.” Here are some of the key insights from the survey:
* A whopping 90% of respondents, including 36% girls, said that guys would cook a meal if their wife came home late from work at times.
* 95% respondents feel that age has nothing to do with maturity and nature. Hence, they are fine with the girl being older than them. Most guys say that they would treat their in-laws just the way they treat their parents.
* 95% respondents, including 38% girls, said guys are okay with their wife supporting her parents financially, even after marriage.
* 80% respondents, including 30% girls, agree that guys would love to go shopping with their beloved and even help her pick the right kind of clothes for her.
* 70% respondents, including 30% girls, feel guys are okay being compared to their father-in-law since it means that they are being trusted enough and are considered to be mature. 25% girls felt that guys may not be okay with the comparison.
* Guys say that nature, honesty and maturity levels of a girl are much more important to them than her looks.
* All guys who participated in this campaign said that they would help share the household work so that it does not become a burden.
* 90% of the audience, including 45% girls, said men are ready to support their spouse pursuing her career seriously.
* 70% of the audience agreed that guys respect the individuality of their wife and would not compare her with their mom. However, 30% men disagreed.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
First Published: Aug 09, 2017 13:42 IST