UPDATED ON SEP 18, 2021 09:40 AM IST
- Ravi Shastri's hint of stepping down as India head coach comes a couple of days after Virat Kohli announced that would no longer continue as India's T20I captain after the ICC event.
PUBLISHED ON SEP 16, 2021 05:14 PM IST
The trio have completed a 10-day isolation as per the UK Health Protocols but, to return home, they also need to pass a "fit to fly" test, apart from negative RT-PCR reports.
By hindustantimes.com, New Delhi, Hindustan Times
PUBLISHED ON SEP 14, 2021 08:50 AM IST
Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion at 9am. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
UPDATED ON SEP 14, 2021 11:27 AM IST
- Former Pakistan captain Salman Butt, while addressing the criticism on Ravi Shastri and his book launch, questioned the level of security arrangements in England.
UPDATED ON SEP 13, 2021 08:53 AM IST
- Ravi Shastri defended his book launch event and said ‘anything could have happened’ from the start of the series as the UK was not under any strict Covid guideline.
PTI | , New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON SEP 12, 2021 10:33 PM IST
- India head coach Ravi Shastri and his support staff colleagues Bharat Arun and R Sridhar are likely to leave for India on Wednesday provided they have two negative RT-PCR reports prior to their departure date.
UPDATED ON SEP 12, 2021 08:19 AM IST
- Engineer weighed in on India coach Ravi Shastri copping criticism, along with captain Virat Kohli for risking themselves by attending the former India all-rounder's book launch on August 31.
UPDATED ON SEP 10, 2021 07:34 AM IST
Gavaskar cited an example how his appointment as a consultant for India in 2004 had created insecurity in the mind of then head coach John Wright.
PUBLISHED ON SEP 06, 2021 07:22 PM IST
- It is learnt Shastri developed symptoms on Saturday after which he underwent lateral flow tests, which returned a positive result.
PTI | , London
UPDATED ON SEP 06, 2021 02:23 PM IST
Shastri returned positive in a lateral flow test (Rapid Antigen Test) on Sunday and on Monday, his RT-PCR test report confirmed the infection.
By Rasesh Mandani, Mumbai
PUBLISHED ON SEP 05, 2021 10:38 PM IST
- There were even doubts whether the Test could continue after head coach Ravi Shastri’s Covid positive result, confirmed by a lateral flow test done the previous evening.
PUBLISHED ON SEP 05, 2021 03:21 PM IST
- The decision by the BCCI was taken after Shastri returned positive in a lateral flow test. The three other members who were sent isolation are bowling coach Bharat Arun, fielding coach R Sridhar, and physiotherapist Nitin Patel.
PUBLISHED ON SEP 04, 2021 07:18 AM IST
- Ravi Shastri said MS Dhoni was only 10 Tests shy of playing a 100 Test and he was still one of the fittest cricketers going around.
UPDATED ON SEP 02, 2021 09:33 AM IST
- India have shown tenacity in the recent past to bounce back from morale-crushing losses to stage famous wins – the series in Australia was a big example. And Shastri reiterated the same, suggestion people not to count India out with two matches to go.
UPDATED ON AUG 29, 2021 10:31 AM IST
- While analyzing his performance in an ESPNCricinfo show, the former spinner said that Shastri is a good motivator and that sometimes, even great players like Ajinkya Rahane need to be spoken to.
PTI | , New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON AUG 18, 2021 09:15 PM IST
BCCI had to invite applications since Dravid's two-year contract had ended. As per the new constitution, there is no provision for extension and the hiring process has to start afresh.
By Rasesh Mandani, Mumbai
UPDATED ON AUG 11, 2021 11:12 PM IST
Shastri’s tenure ends after the T20 World Cup. While Shastri is reportedly not keen to continue, BCCI officials said it’s a call that will be taken based on India’s showing in the October-November World Cup.
UPDATED ON JUL 30, 2021 03:33 PM IST
- Ahead of the start of the five-match Test series, former India batsman VVS Laxman talked about one area of the game that Kohli and head coach Ravi Shastri will look to address.
UPDATED ON JUL 29, 2021 02:03 PM IST
The 59-year-old rallied behind USA's artistic gymnast Simone Biles and stated she owes no explanation to anyone after the 24-year-old withdrew her name from women's all-around final at Ariake Gymnastics Centre.
By Aditya Bhattacharya
UPDATED ON JUL 28, 2021 11:18 AM IST
- In a chat with Hindustan Times, Anshuman Gaekwad, who was part of the CAC that went ahead with Ravi Shastri, revealed one of the reasons behind re-appointing him as coach in 2019.
UPDATED ON JUL 25, 2021 08:21 AM IST
Arun, along with senior wicketkeeper Wriddhiman Saha and standby opener Abhimanyu Easwaran, had to remain in isolation for 10 days as per UK Health protocols as they had been in contact with Garani.
UPDATED ON JUL 23, 2021 08:06 AM IST
Down with the virus, Pant underwent COVID-19 and cardiac tests on Monday having completed his isolation period of 10 days as per the UK guidelines.
UPDATED ON JUL 18, 2021 07:43 PM IST
Ahead of the 1st IND vs SL ODI in Colombo on Sunday, Ajit Agarkar recalled how Rahul Dravid guided the Prithvi Shaw-led India Under-19 Team to World Cup victory in 2018.
UPDATED ON JUL 18, 2021 02:21 PM IST
- India vs Sri Lanka: Captain of India's ODI and T20I team, Shikhar Dhawan – who has worked under both Shastri and Dravid – was asked how familiar or different are the coaching styles of both. In reply, the India opener said he has enjoyed preparing under both.
By hindustantimes.com, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
UPDATED ON JUL 13, 2021 09:45 AM IST
- Here are today’s top news, analysis and opinion at 9am. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
UPDATED ON JUL 13, 2021 07:24 AM IST
Former India wicketkeeper-batsman Saba Karim believes Shastri has been commendable in the past two years as a coach and said that India have won almost every bilateral series and managed to reach the WTC final as well.
UPDATED ON JUL 12, 2021 08:59 PM IST
Former Indian cricketer Reetinder Singh Sodhi has opined that if the men-in-blue win the upcoming T20 World Cup in the UAE, Shastri is going to continue as the coach of the team.
UPDATED ON JUL 11, 2021 08:15 PM IST
Wimbledon: Indian cricket team led by coach Ravi Shastri is currently in the UK for the upcoming five-match Test series against England.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 05, 2021 07:18 AM IST
Is Dravid next in line to become Team India's head coach? Hear the answer from the legend himself, India's first World Cup-winning captain Kapil Dev.
UPDATED ON JUL 01, 2021 08:21 PM IST
Shastri took some time off and went to watch the Swiss tennis maestro's second-round match in the ongoing Wimbledon tournament on Centre Court.