Anil Kapoor reveals Kapil Sharma rejected his Mubarakan and 24, says ‘if there is a role of your father or brother, tell me’. Watch
Anil Kapoor will soon be seen as a guest on The Kapil Sharma Show, days after the release of his new film AK Vs AK. Colors has shared a new promo of the upcoming episode and it talks of the multiple projects which Anil offered Kapil but the latter rejected them.
The promo opens with Anil asking Kapil about why does he rejects his offers. He asks Kapil, “I have offered you so many films, you turn them down. Why?” Explaining his side of the story, Kapil replies, “I was approached for 24 series (TV show featuring Anil), I was so happy, but we were starting our new show at that time.” Anil reacted in sarcasm, “Then you did the right thing by not accepting the show.”
Kapil went on to reveal that Anil had suggested him to make Woh Saat Din again. Anil reminded Kapil that he had also rejected Mubarakan and Priyadarshan’s Tez. Making up for the damage, Kapil joined his hands in front of him and said, “Sir, please continue offering me good projects.” Anil replied in sarcasm, “You know I do supporting roles, character roles, father roles these days. If there is a role of your father or brother, tell me.”
Reacting to the same, Kapil added, “Both our eyes get shut when we laugh, we will even look like father and son. But I am afraid that you may be signed on for the role of the father and I may be the one looking like the father on screen.”
Kapil made his acting debut in 2015 with Abbas-Mustan film, Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon. He turned producer with 2017 film Firangi, in which he also played the lead role. He has also hinted about coming up with a new show for which he is also losing weight.
Anil meanwhile, saw the release of AK Vs AK on Netflix. He and filmmaker Anurag Kashyap play exaggerated versions of themselves in the Vikramaditya Motwane film.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rakhi Sawant took to Instagram to share a video of herself doing various household chores. She complained that Bigg Boss made her a 'grihani (housewife)'.
- Kavita Kaushik called out a man for sending her abusive messages on Instagram. As he apologised to her, she exposed the ‘reality of sher dil men of our country’.
- Rahul Vaidya confirms he will marry Disha Parmar soon in an intimate ceremony. He had proposed marriage to her on national TV last year on her birthday.
- Eijaz Khan gave his girlfriend Pavitra Punia a cute shout-out as she reached one million followers on Instagram. See their adorable pictures and video.
- Kapil Sharma had shared a video of his one-year-old daughter Anayra, dancing to a Honey Singh song, on his Instagram Stories.
- Satish Shah chose to wait in line for three hours in the scorching heat to get the Covid-19 vaccine. As he tweeted about not using the VIP entrance, fans flooded the internet with Maya Sarabhai jokes.
- Kishwer Merchant said that her pregnancy was not planned. She is currently expecting her first child with her husband Suyyash Rai.
- Jankee Parekh felt a number of emotions as she left newborn son Sufi at home for some time, while she visited the dentist. See their first photo here.
- An FIR was lodged against Rakhi Sawant, her brother Rakesh Sawant and a person named Raj Khatri. Rakhi's brother has now reacted to it.
- Rubina Dilaik was forced to sell her house after not receiving her salary for a television show, despite repeated reminders to her producers.