At times, I feel really depressed: Deepika Singh
From a distance, the life of a celebrity seems to be all about glamour, glitz and money. But few know the challenges that come with the fame. Popular TV actor Deepika Singh says “there’s a lot of pressure” on celebrities at all times. “At times, I feel really depressed,” she adds.
Deepika, who is the leading lady on a popular TV show, says when you are an actor, “you make money, but you can’t enjoy yourself”.
“You are working seven days a week. You don’t even get a day off easily. Because of this pressure, one tends to get depressed,” says Deepika, adding, “Every month, I think of quitting the show. At times, I get so depressed that I think of running away. I think I have had enough of this fame; my life in Delhi was far better. I have even told my producers this, and have asked them to either reduce the length of my role or give me a 15-day work period a month.”
In fact, the actor says that she had to change a lot to suit the requirements of the show. “When I used to live in Delhi, I used to go out partying a lot. But I have changed my habits for the show. Acting needs a lot of concentration because you are playing someone you are not,” she says.
Even when it comes to her on-screen image, Deepika finds it hard to fulfil those expectations in real life. For instance, on the show, she is seen in a police uniform and traditional Indian attires. “People expect to see me in Indian wear and not hot pants or dresses. I’m constantly under pressure to live up to my [on-screen] image. It gets really difficult when you live like someone you are not. The reactions I have received are strange,” says the television star.
However, now, the actor reveals that she has started “living life on her own terms”. “Since the past six-seven months, I have stopped caring about people’s reactions. I don’t care about my image anymore,” she admits.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Check out the latest video from Bigg Boss 14 winner Rubina Dilaik in which she is seen dancing with her husband Abhinav Shukla, to a folk song.
- Rahul Vaidya and Disha Parmar left Mumbai for a quick getaway. While they did not disclose their destination, he shared a picture from their helicopter ride together.
- Rakhi Sawant's ailing mother has said that she is disappointed that Rakhi didn't win Bigg Boss 14, but would like to see her and her husband, Ritesh, participate in the next season of the show.
- Aly Goni took a video of Jasmin Bhasin doing her make-up for his birthday party on Thursday night. She responded by dropping heart-eyes emojis in the comments section.
- Nikki Tamboli opened up about steam-ironing her ex-boyfriend's boxers in Bigg Boss 14 and said that it was not an attempt to grab eyeballs. She added that she was 'genuinely' missing him.
- Salman Khan took to Instagram and Twitter to share a 'mega selfie' from the sets of the Indian Pro Music League. The star-studded photo featured Riteish Deshmukh, Genelia D'Souza, Bobby Deol, Shraddha Kapoor, Govinda, Mika Singh, Rajkummar Rao, Karan Wahi, Javed Ali and many more.
- Sidharth Shukla has long been rumoured to be dating Shehnaaz Gill. Fresh rumours suggest that the two have tied the knot. Sidharth has now clarified his marital status.
- Aly Goni and Jasmin Bhasin entered the reality show Bigg Boss 14 as best friends but discovered their feelings for each other through the course of the show.
- Arshi Khan opened up about her Lady Gaga-inspired gold dress at the Bigg Boss 14 after-party and revealed Salman Khan's hilarious response to it.
- Mohit Malik and Addite Malik had their baby shower Wednesday and the TV couple was seen in traditional Maharashtrian attire for the bash.