Sanaya Irani: As an actor, I pretty much got what I wanted, every role being different from the other
Sanaya Irani, who shot to fame with her performances in shows such as Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon and Rangrasiya, is happy with how her career has turned out to be.
Last seen on TV in a full-fledged role three years back, the actor has been busy exploring newer avenues. Her short film, Dum Dum Dumroo is days away from its release, but Sanaya refuses to divulge any details. “It’s a film at the end of which you will learn something. I can’t say anything about it now, as it will give out the plot. It has a mixture of everything — comedy, surprise, teasing the viewers with what is going to happen next,” she remains tight-lipped.
Sanaya, who was first seen on the show Left Right Left, and went on to impress viewers in shows such as Miley Jab Hum Tum, shares that the journey has been rewarding so far. “I have been very lucky in terms of the kind of work I have got and done, and not in the sense that those things (eventually) worked out well for me. As an actor, I pretty much got what I wanted, every role being different from the other. That all the shows worked out for me is the icing on the cake,” she says.
Sanaya got married to actor Mohit Sehgal in 2016. With both of them having busy [work] schedules, how do they manage to take out time for each other? “Marriage just makes it all easier, because you come back home to each other. I did shows like Nach Baliye (2016) with Mohit, so I got to spend a lot of time with him. We travel together too, so, time is not an issue,” she muses.
A lot is said about the notion that after marriage, the kind of roles that female actors get change drastically, and some even stop getting work. Sanaya, however, differs. “Luckily, that didn’t happen with me. It depends from person-to-person. Even if such roles are offered to me, I wouldn’t take them up. It’s not going to happen,” she signs off.
Interact with the author on Twitter/ @RishabhSuri02
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Sahil Anand, recently seen on Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2, announced that him and his wife Rajneet Monga are expecting their first child. Check out his post.
- Actor Anita Hassanandani has shared new pictures and videos of her newborn son, Aaravv. Check them out here.
- Meghan Markle has been accused of bullying Palace staff members during her stay in 2018. While the Kensington Palace said that it is investigating the claims, Meghan's friends are coming to her defense.
- Sidharth Shukla showered praise on Badshah and rumoured girlfriend Shehnaaz Gill's new music video, Fly.
- Rubina Dilaik has explained why she threw water on Rakhi Sawant in a fit of aggression on Bigg Boss 14.
- Former Bigg Boss contestants Devoleena Bhattacharjee, Rashami Desai, Vindu Dara Singh, Vikas Gupta and Rakhi Sawant met for a party. Vikas shared pics with a lovely note for Rakhi.
- Rakhi Sawant has said she does not like Abhinav Shukla at all, adding that she did not cross any limit when she pulled at his drawstrings inside Bigg Boss 14 house.
- Abhinav Shukla opened up on Rakhi Sawant's advances at him on Bigg Boss 14 and how he felt 'dejected' when host Salman Khan sided with her.
- In a new video, Rahul Vaidya revealed that he learnt how to make caramelised eggs from Aly Goni, knead dough from Jasmin Bhasin and even Rakhi Sawant taught him how to cook some dish.