Trump speaks with family members of Indian-origin police officer shot dead in California
President Donald Trump Thursday spoke with family members and law enforcement colleagues of Indian-origin police officer Ronil “Ron” Singh who was killed allegedly by an illegal immigrant last week in the US state of California, the White House said.
Corporal Singh, 33, of the Newman Police Department was shot and killed during a traffic stop just before 1:00 AM (local time) on December 26.
“This afternoon, President Trump spoke with the family and law enforcement colleagues of fallen Newman, California, police officer Ronald “Ron” Singh,” White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said.
Singh was a native of Fiji and joined the force in July 2011.
“The President praised officer Singh’s service to his fellow citizens, offered condolences, and commended law enforcement’s rapid investigation, response, and apprehension of the suspect,” Sanders said.
“Included in the President’s calls were Corporal Singh’s wife, Amanika ‘Mika’ Chand-Singh; Newman, California Police Chief Randy Richardson, and Sheriff Adam Christianson of Stanislaus County, California,” she said.
The Californian police has arrested an illegal immigrant from Mexico, identified as 33-year-old Gustavo Perez Arriaga, on charges of killing Singh.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Amsterdam-based European drug regulator in December reported a cyberattack in which documents relating to COVID-19 vaccines and medicines were stolen and leaked on the internet.
- Last month, commerce and industry minister Piyush Goyal expressed hope that the global pharmaceutical industry will show "big heart" and support India’s proposal.
- "We have to make sure that the pandemic does not lead us to fall back into old gender patterns we thought we had overcome," Merkel said in a video message ahead of International Women's Day on March 8.
- Sunak’s plan repeals legislation that means companies based in European Union member states could stop benefiting from tax exemptions on intra-group interest and royalties payments.
- Gorman made the response to her own tweet from February in which she had shared a profile done by Washington Post on her and talked about the disparity between herself and "everyday Black girls."
- The members of the family were found dead with their throats slit with some sharp-edged weapon in their house in Abu Dhabi Colony, Chak No 135-P, 15-kilometre away from Rahim Yar Khan city, reported The News International.