1993 Serial blasts case convict Mustafa Dossa admitted to Mumbai’s JJ hospital
Mumbai city news: Dossa is down with high fever, uncontrolled diabetes and hypertension.mumbai Updated: Jun 28, 2017 15:39 IST
Mustafa Dossa, one of the convicts in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case, has been admitted to JJ Hospital on Wednesday as per hospital doctors.
“He was admitted at 3am, for high fever, uncontrolled diabetes and hypertension in the jail ward. He is still in the ward,” said Dr TP Lahane, dean, JJ Hospital.
Earlier on Tuesday, drawing comparison with the case of 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon, Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had sought capital punishment for other accused Mustafa Dossa and Firoz Khan.
“Dossa’s role is more serious than that of Yakub Memon, and Khan’s role was almost similar,” said special public prosecutor Deepak Salvi.
Salvi called Dossa one of the ‘masterminds’ of the blasts. “Dossa instructed his men in India to execute the conspiracy. He and his elder brother Mohammad Dossa, an absconding accused, had called for the first meeting where all the gangsters had met. It was in this meeting that people were instigated to carry out the blasts in the city,” Salvi added.
Salvi said Dossa was a “driving spirit” behind the blast, and the true “architect” of the conspiracy. “Dossa sent huge consignments of arms and ammunitions through his smuggling network which was used in the blasts and had also arranged for the training of the accused. He was the archer who gave instructions to his men on where to collect the consignment and also arranged for travel of the accused to Pakistan for arms training,” said the prosecution.
Charges against Dossa
ARRESTED: March 20, 2003
CHARGES: Arranging landing of arms and explosives in Raigad and participating in conspiracy
WHAT THE COURT SAID: “Dossa organised and actively participated in conspiratorial meetings held in Dubai. He and his brother were involved in the landing of arms and ammunition. Dossa helped the accused get training in Pakistan.”