Akshay Kumar announces Durgavati starring Bhumi Pednekar, is this Bhaagamathie remake?
Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar has announced his next project as a presenter and it stars Bhumi Pednekar in the lead role. Titled Durgavati, the film will be a thriller and will go on floors by January. It will be directed by Ashok. It is not clear whether the film is a remake of Telugu film Bhaagamathie which featured Anushka Shetty, Unni Mukundan, Jayaram, Usha Sarath, Vidyulekha Raman in lead roles.
Sharing a picture of Bhumi surrounded by all the producers and presenters of the movie, Akshay tweeted, “EXCITED to announce @bhumipednekar in & as #DURGAVATI. A scary-thriller, going on floor mid-January. Presented by #CapeOfGoodFilms and @itsBhushanKumar , produced by @vikramix and directed by Ashok. Need your love and luck @TSeries @Abundantia_Ent.” In the picture, Bhumi is wearing a sari, sitting on a chair while the men surround her.
Bhumi also shared the picture and wrote, “I have waited so long to share this one with you. So excited to announce my next film #DURGAVATI. A scary-thriller going on floor mid-January. Thank you @akshaykumar sir for your constant belief in me. I am so excited for this one @itsBhushanKumar @vikramix”.
Bhumi was last seen in Saand Ki Aankh alongside Taapsee Pannu in which they played elderly sharpshooters. Talking about picking films like Saand Ki Aankh, Bhumi had said recently, “I’m an actor. It’s my job to transform into different characters. I respect people’s opinion, and I did take a step back to think about what they were saying. But I think I will continue to pick such roles because I like challenging myself. And let’s not forget that there simply aren’t enough meaty roles written for women.”
Bhumi is now awaiting the release of Pati Patni Aur Woh in which she features alongside Kartik Aaryan and Ananya Panday. Directed by Mudassar Aziz, the film is a reboot of 1978 Sanjeev Kumar film that traced the story of a middle-class man and his extra-marital affair. The new film features Bhumi as the wife, Kartik as the husband and Ananya plays his girlfriend.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife Aaliya has said that she is willing to restart life with the actor after seeing his caring side for the last few days.
- Ahead of the release of Roohi, Janhvi Kapoor talked about why she did not use her mother Sridevi's ChaalBaaz as a reference point, facing criticism from a young age and her upcoming projects.
- Videos of Shraddha Kapoor dancing at her cousin Priyaank Sharma's wedding in the Maldives are going viral on the internet.
- Alia Bhatt was seen in a bridal avatar in her new advertisement. Fans loved it and wished to see her get married in real life too. She is in a relationship with Ranbir Kapoor.
- Anil Kapoor joked that Jackie Shroff has threatened to slap him multiple times unless he confirms a film together. The two have starred in 12 films together, till date.
- Mika Singh talked about marriage on Indian Pro Music League. He said that he is the ‘only forever bachelor’ after Salman Khan and wishes to keep his tag for some time.
- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli met in a rather unconventional manner, during an ad shoot. While she was confident, he was a 'jittery and nervous'. Read the rest of the story here.