Alia Bhatt buys a new place in Mumbai, set to be Ranbir Kapoor’s new neighbour: report
Actor Alia Bhatt has bought a new flat in Mumbai. While she already owns a place in Juhu, this one is located in Bandra.
The young actor already owns two houses, one in Juhu and another one in Covent Garden in London. She shares her Juhu home with her sister Shaheen.
According to a report in Pinkvilla, the 2,460 sq ft apartment is in the same apartment complex where her boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor has his bachelor pad. While Ranbir stays on the 7th floor, Alia has reportedly bought a place on the 5th floor of the same Vaastu Pali Hill complex for a whooping Rs 32 crore. Incidentally, the tower is close to Kapoor family’s Krishna Raj bungalow.
ALSO WATCH | Alia Bhatt runs around with abandon in forest, embraces her inner child
The report further states that Alia has entrusted interior designer and producer Gauri Khan with the task of doing the interiors. In 2016, it was Gauri who had done up the interiors of Ranbir’s pad too. On Laxmi pujan day, the Bhatt family conducted a havan in the company of some of her close friends including filmmaker and mentor Karan Johar and her Brahmastra director Ayan Mukerji and Ranbir.
In an interview to Economic Times in February this year, Alia had mentioned that her Juhu flat, that she reportedly bought for Rs 13.11 crore, was the first property she ever bought. Speaking about her financial planning, she had said: “I still don’t understand investing, but over the years, I’ve become keen to learn more. My home in Mumbai (Juhu, Mumbai) is the first property I bought. I invest in FDs and bonds. Mutual Funds are good, so I’ve been told.”
She also mentioned, in the same interview, how it had been a dream of hers to own a home in London, a city she often went to as a child for family holidays. She was quoted as saying: “I had a dream to buy a house in London and I did in 2018. It’s in Covent Garden and my sister lives there part-time.”
Speaking about her Juhu home, she had told on her Youtube channel how this was the place she bought with her own money in 2019. “Moving out of my house was a very very special experience because it was the first time I was moving away from my home and into my own house...Initially I was gonna move in alone then I decided to take my sister along with me and she was more than happy. She decided to live part time with me and part time with my mom” Alia had said in the video.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal will tie the knot this Sunday, his uncle Anil Dhawan confirmed. Reportedly, the wedding will take place in Alibaug.
- Katrina Kaif on Wednesday posted a video of herself, sweating it out at a Pilates session with her trainer. Watch the video here.
- Priyanka Chopra experienced mixed feelings as she got the first copy of her upcoming memoir, Unfinished. She shared a video on Instagram, documenting her reaction.
- Actor Salman Khan's niece and nephew, Ayat and Ahil, visited the set of his new film, Antim: The Final Truth, and posed for pictures with their father, Aayush Sharma. See the pictures here.
- Twitter has offered reasons behind the restrictions that were made to Kangana Ranaut's account for a brief time.
- Kangana Ranaut went back on an earlier tweet in which she claimed that she isn't interested in seeing anyone's leaked messages or emails when she was questioned about her comments on Deepika Padukone and Rhea Chakraborty's leaked WhatsApp chats.
- Preity Zinta shared a sneak peek from her road trip with husband Gene Goodenough. She posted a loved-up snap of him carrying her in his arms.
- Kangana Ranaut finally reacted to Arnab Goswami's leaked WhatsApp chat, in which he claimed that she is ‘sexually possessed with’ Hrithik Roshan.
- Vikas Khanna revealed that he was asked to pay money in exchange for favourable reviews of his directorial debut, The Last Color. He said that he will never forget it.