Amitabh Bachchan clicked outside his residence on 78th birthday, see pics
Amitabh Bachchan is celebrating his 78th birthday on Sunday. The actor was spotted outside his residence and the paparazzi was more than happy to click him and greet him on the occasion.
The actor, who is currently busy shooting for long hours for the quiz show Kaun Banega Crorepati, was seen in a jacket and track pants and was wearing a mask for safety. The media clicked the actor from a safe distance as a precautionary measure amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Post midnight, Amitabh had taken to social media to thank his fans for their birthday wishes. He wrote on Instagram, “.. your generosity and love be the greatest gift for me for the 11th .. I cannot possibly ask for more ..”
The KBC host has been working round the clock for the quiz show which is back with its 12th season. The actor had resumed work just days after he was discharged from the Lilavati hospital. He was admitted for several weeks after testing positive for Covid-19, along with Abhishek Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai and Aaradhya.
A day before he turned 78, he had shared a glimpse of his work hours. Sharing a picture from his vanity van where he was seen taking a break due to some technical glitch, he wrote on Twitter, “T 3686 - ... at work .. KBC from 9 am to 9 pm .. then here , at recording .. till beyond midnight .. bina mehnat ke jeevan me kuch milta nahi. Babuji kahte they, jab tak jeevan hai, tab tak sangharsh hai (we get nothing in life without hard work. My father used to say -- till there is life, there is struggle).”
He wrote in his latest blog post, “a gentle technical error has given time to be here and so thus be the reason for the early and the reason for the write ..you may start early you may plan early you may sequence it all in the early format but there is a certain design that times us all.” He further added, “.. the work comes in leaps and bounds and the need to do it stays with us ever .. so we work and continue till time lasts ..”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Director Shyam Benegal goes down memory lane as his National Award winning film Zubeidaa completes two decades, recalls how Manoj Bajpayee was initially diffident to play a Maharaja and Karisma Kapoor was nervous.
- Kareena Kapoor has shared a picture of her lavish lunch, sent by cousin Armaan Jain. Check it out here.
- Anushka Sharma has congratulated Team India on their historic victory against Australia on Tuesday.
- Sherlyn Chopra has accused disgraced director Sajid Khan of sexual misconduct, adding that he's protected by the Bollywood 'mafia'.
- Pahlaj Nihalani has said that although he hasn't received an invitation, he's heard that Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal are tying the knot this weekend.
- After Alia Bhatt's reported hospitalisation for exertion, her Gangubai Kathiawadi co-star, Seema Pahwa, said that director Sanjay Leela Bhansali doesn't rush actors with work.
- Malaika Arora has shared a throwback picture from her Goa vacation with Arjun Kapoor, along with some advice. Rahul Khanna said that he'll try to follow it.
- Actor Deepika Padukone answered quirky questions in an Instagram Ask Me Anything session on Tuesday.