Durgamati song Heer: Bhumi Pednekar revisits her love story within walls of a deserted haveli
The second song from Bhumi Pednekar’s upcoming film Durgamati is out now. Titled Heer, the song throws light on her character in the film, Chanchal, and love story with Karan Kapadia’s character Rohan. Chanchal recalls her happy memories after coming to a deserted haveli.
Bhumi shared the song on Instagram and dropped a hint about the plot in the caption. “Has she lost her love or is she the reason her love is lost?” she captioned it. The song has been sung by Malini Awasthi while the music is composed by Naman Adhikari, Abhinav Sharma, Malini Awasthi. The lyrics have been penned by Dipti Misra.
Watch Durgamati song Heer here
The makers had earlier released a romantic ballad titled Baras Baras, also featuring Bhumi and Karan. The song was sung by B Praak and composed as well as written by Tanishk Bagchi. The additional vocals for the song were given by Altamash Faridi.
Durgamati, backed by Akshay Kumar, revolves around a government officer who is made the victim of a major conspiracy involving powerful forces. Besides Bhumi and Karan, the horror film also stars Arshad Warsi, Jisshu Sengupta and Mahie Gill. It is the Hindi remake of Telugu-Tamil bilingual film Bhaagamathie starring Anushka Shetty. Both the films have been helmed by G. Ashok. It is slated to release on December 11, 2020 on Amazon Prime Video.
Bhumi said she considers the opportunity to front a film within five years of her career as an acknowledgement of her craft. She told PTI in an interview, “It is a huge validation for me that I have started headlining projects. Durgamati is a film that will always be special and I will always be proud of it because Akshay sir thought I could shoulder it on my own. For a young actor like me, this gesture boosted my confidence, that top film producers consider me a good performer and are sure that the projects I’m associated with, will be a success”.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- Remo D'Souza, who recently had a health scare, was spotted out and about town with friend Aamir Ali. Watch a video here.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.
- Actor Sonam Kapoor has shared a new image from the Glasgow sets of her upcoming film, Blind. Her dad, Anil Kapoor, left a comment on her post.
- Natasa Stankovic has paid a heartfelt tribute to Hardik Pandya’s father who died on Saturday after suffering a heart attack.
- Disha Patani took to Instagram stories to share a video of herself dancing to rumoured boyfriend Tiger Shroff's new track, Casanova.
- Soni Razdan feels that Rhea Chakraborty has a bright future ahead of her in the film industry. Soni said that her time in jail 'clearly exposed the people who sent her there'.