Farhan Akhtar confirms he’s dating Shibani Dandekar for a year, hints wedding may be on the cards
Actor Farhan Akhtar and TV personality Shibani Dandekar are currently among the most-fancied couples in Bollywood. Along with Arjun Kapoor and Malaika Arora, the audience engagement with these two remains high. Speculation suggests that a possible wedding may be on the cards too. Just the other day, both Shibani and Farhan shared a picture where they can be seen wearing rings on their fingers and holding hands and soon Twitter was congratulating them on their “engagement”.
Now Farhan has cleared the air on the said subject. Speaking to Bhumi Pednekar on the latest episode of TapeCast, he spoke about his relationship with Shibani.
On TapeCast, the participants switch on a tape recorder and pre-recorded voice asks them a question. In Farhan’s case, it was Shibani herself who asked him a direct question. She said: Hey Farhan, are we getting married in April or May? Can you please let me know because I am very confused.”
Introducing Shibani, a smiling Farhan then said: “I think she is having a lot of fun with a lot of news that is going around currently, about us looking for wedding planners.” To which, Bhumi asked: “Are you though?” Farhan replied: “It maybe April or April be ‘May’ .”
Farhan confirmed that the two have been dating since one year.
Meanwhile, the couple has been sharing pictures and videos of each other on social media for a while now, leading to much speculation. Recently they were in Mexico for a holiday and had shared pictures from the beach, much to the delight of their many fans.
On the work front, Farhan remains busy with Shonali Bose’s The Sky Is Pink, in which he co-stars with Priyanka Chopra and Zaira Wasim.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Ranveer Singh gushed over his wife and actor Deepika Padukone's beauty in her latest picture. See his comment here.
- Amrita Rao has said that she wasn't prepared to handle many new mother problems as parents forget to tell their children many things by the time they become grandparents.
- Spotted outside a food joint in Mumbai, Deepika Padukone was seen struggling when a woman tried to pull her purse in an attempt to sell tissues.
- Salman Khan reportedly shot for Shah Rukh Khan's Pathan on Thursday. See a picture from the set here.
- Rakhi Sawant visited her ailing mother at hospital, accompanied by Kashmera Shah and Sambhavna Seth, who assured 'emotional and financial support' for her.
- Yashraj Mukhate, the memelord musician behind viral tracks such as Rasode Mein Kaun Tha and Pawri Hori Hai, has spoken about his journey.
- On Shahid Kapoor's 40th birthday, his former step-father Rajesh Khattar recalled the 'normal family' dynamic they shared as Shahid was growing up.
- A faction of late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's fans called for a boycott of the film Chehre, said to feature his girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty. Rhea was removed from the promotional materials of the film.
- Sunny Leone, her daughter Nisha and sons Asher and Noah touched down in Mumbai after their trip to Kerala. They were welcomed by Daniel Weber.
Indian adaptation underway for Spanish thriller The Cleaning Lady, Siddharth Kumar Tewary reveals details
- Actor Saif Ali Khan once said that he should've added a disclaimer to his son Taimur's name, after him and his wife, Kareena Kapoor, were criticised for picking that name.