How Arpita Khan and Aayush Sharma’s wedding thawed the ice between Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan
Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan’s years-long fight that started at Katrina Kaif’s birthday bash finally came to an end at Arpita Khan and Aayush Sharma’s wedding in 2014. Though Shah Rukh and Salman hugged it out at Baba Siddique’s annual Iftaar party earlier, it was at Arpita-Aayush’s wedding that they truly buried the hatchet. As Arpita and Aayush celebrate six years of marital bliss, here is looking back at how their wedding brought about the reconciliation of Shah Rukh and Salman.
At an event days before the grand nuptials at the Taj Falaknuma Palace in Hyderabad, Shah Rukh confirmed his attendance. “I will definitely go. I have known Arpita ever since she was a little baby. I have cradled her in my arms. She is like a sister to me. In fact, even an invite is not needed. They are like family and I will go,” he told reporters.
While Shah Rukh could not make it to the wedding, he attended the sangeet ceremony in Mumbai. At the reception, he greeted guests and danced just like a family member.
At an event later that month, Shah Rukh talked about the patch-up. “Not with arrogance but with utmost humility I say that Salman and me have had many moments of happiness in our lives and very few moments of sorrow but one thing which I can assure is that we will always be there for each other in life to share each other’s moments of happiness and despair,” he said.
“When me and Salman meet personally our relationship is the same as what it was 25 years back. There is no bad blood. From the outside, we are Pathans and hot headed guys and can have issues at times but nothing more to that. Arpita is close to me too. I have seen grow in front of eyes so the essence here was that our sister was getting married and we had to be there,” he added.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Director Chaitanya Tamhane's The Disciple, which opened to critical acclaim at the Venice and Toronto film festivals, has been nominated in the Best International Film category at the 36th annual Independent Spirit Awards. Adarsh Gourav has been nominated for Best Male Lead, for The White Tiger.
- Amitabh Bachchan showed off his new Covid-19 mask on social media, and his grandchildren -- Navya and Agastya Nanda -- couldn't get enough of it.
- Producer Boney Kapoor and his Maidaan director, Amit Sharma, are miffed about RRR potentially clashing with their film at the box office.
- Hrithik Roshan has shared a rare picture with ex-brother-in-law Zayed Khan, who accompanied him on a hike. See the picture here.
- Designer Manish Malhotra has shared a behind-the-scenes video of Varun Dhawan getting fitted for his wedding with Natasha Dalal. Watch the video here.
- Shah Rukh Khan's wife, Gauri Khan, has shared a throwback photo from Paris, leaving Maheep Kapoor and Malaika Arora in awe.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut, in an incendiary video, has called for everybody who supported the 'so-called' farmers' protests to be jailed.
- "The whole world is laughing at us today," Kangana Ranaut wrote in a new tweet, targeting Diljit Dosanjh and Priyanka Chopra.