Priyanka Chopra kicks off Raksha Bandhan festivities with her brother. See pic
Priyanka Chopra is kicking off her Raksha Bandhan festivities with some sibling love. The actor posted the cutest picture with her brother Siddharth on Sunday to mark the festival.
The star explained the significance of the festival to her 27 million followers. “I’ve got an army of brothers, and this one (@siddharthchopra89) happens to be the leader of the pack (by default) :p Happy #RakshaBandhan! It’s one of my favorite festivals where the sister ties a sacred thread around the brother’s wrist for protection, symbolic of the beautiful bond between siblings. I can’t imagine life without having my brothers in my corner... Love you guys!,” she captioned the photo.
Siddharth is seven years younger than Priyanka. In an interview to Hindustan Times in 2015, Priyanka said that Siddharth is her ‘willing sidekick’. “We have grown up squabbling and fighting as most siblings do. He is the younger one technically, and so, I did my duty as the older sibling, and bullied him mercilessly. But no matter what I did, he would be there for me, with a smile on his face and love in his eyes. I think the strength of the bond that we share is tremendous. A lot is unsaid between us, but we know that no matter what, we’ll always be there for each other. We used to do a lot of masti (fun). I was the ‘general in command’, and Siddharth was my willing sidekick,” she said in the interview.
Siddharth is all set to welcome a new member into their family. Priyanka got engaged to American singer Nick Jonas last week when he came to Mumbai with his parents. The couple made things official in a traditional Hindu roka ceremony and posted pictures from the function on social media as well.
Nick and Priyanka met at the 2017 Met Gala where they both represented Ralph Lauren. Rumours of their relationship began in May 2018 as the two were often spotted on dinner dates and outing around New York. Priyanka invited Nick to Mumbai and her house a few months ago and he accompanied Priyanka and her cousins to a small beach vacation in Goa.He reportedly popped the big question on her 36th birthday in July in England.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shahid Kapoor aced the Centre of Gravity challenge, much to the surprise of his wife Mira Rajput, who called him a 'smooth operator'. Watch the video here.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife Aaliya has reaffirmed her wish to reconcile with the actor in a new interview, adding that she is ready to mend her ties with his brother Shamas.
- Rhea Kapoor dedicated an adorable Instagram post to her boyfriend Karan Boolani. She shared pictures of her showering him with kisses. See his reply here.
- Taimur Ali Khan was photographed in Mumbai on Sunday. The star kid was seen out with his father Saif Ali Khan and half-sister Sara Ali Khan.
- Sara Ali Khan shared two new pictures from brother Ibrahim's birthday party. More pictures were shared by one of Ibrahim's friends.
- Anupam Kher, who turned a year older on Sunday, shared a video from his birthday 'pawri' with his 'best friends'. Watch it here.
- Actor Vidya Balan has recalled feeling worried about how her family would react to The Dirty Picture. She revealed her mother and father's immediate reaction to the film.
- Twinkle Khanna, using an adorable photo of daughter Nitara kissing a puppy, urged everyone to wear their masks correctly instead of using them as 'chin straps'.
- Janhvi Kapoor celebrated her 24th birthday on Saturday, with the team of Good Luck Jerry. See inside pictures and videos from the celebrations here.
- Alia Bhatt is ready for summer and her latest Instagram post is a proof of it. Alia was seen soaking up the sun, leaving Katrina Kaif impressed.
- Akshay Kumar shares a picture from the script-reading session of Ram Setu with Jacqueline Fernandez and Nushrratt Baruccha.
- Kareena Kapoor Khan, who recently welcomed her second child with husband Saif Ali Khan, reciprocated the love that was showered on her by his sister, Saba.
- Kangana Ranaut once claimed credit for some iconic scenes in Queen, and said that she did not expect much from the film.