Priyanka Chopra, Sonam Kapoor, Anushka Sharma: 8 most expensive celebrity engagement rings, in pics
Priyanka Chopra took to Instagram to announce she’s engaged to Nick Jonas on Saturday with a snap of them in a loving embrace and captioned it, “Taken.. With all my heart and soul”. Priyanka also showed off her engagement ring in the stunning photo. And it is a beauty.
Priyanka’s engagement ring features a square-cut diamond and is just as extravagant as you’d expect. The Hollywood Reporter quoted gemologist and diamond expert Grant Mobley revealing all about Priyanka’s gorgeous engagement ring: “It is a timeless design and features a cushion-cut diamond set in platinum with what looks like small baguette diamonds on the sides.”
He went on to add that as Tiffany’s diamonds are ethically sourced, they are among the best found in nature. “A ring of this size and quality would cost around $300,000,” THR quoted him as saying. In Indian rupees, the cost of Priyanka’s ring comes to approximately Rs 2.1 crore. The rich and famous have it so good.
Ahead, we’re taking a look at all the gorgeous — and the most expensive — engagement rings to grace famous hands. From Shilpa Shetty Kundra’s 20-carat, heart-shaped solitaire to Anushka Sharma’s Austria-made bling, these stunning celebrity engagement rings prove that a diamond is forever.
Sonam Kapoor Ahuja
Actor Sonam Kapoor Ahuja got hitched to businessman Anand Ahuja in a lavish wedding in Mumbai in May 2018. You can’t miss Sonam’s pretty engagement ring. It is worth almost Rs 90 lakh, and Sonam flaunted it at Cannes Film Festival, which she attended days after her wedding.
Actor Anushka Sharma married cricketer Virat Kohli at a destination wedding in Florence, Italy in December 2018.It took months for Virat to find the perfect diamond ring, and his search ended at an Austria-based designer. Anushka’s engagement ring reportedly cost Rs 1 crore and “reflects surprising elements, every time you see it from different angles.”
Shilpa Shetty Kundra
Businessman Raj Kundra gave actor Shilpa Shetty Kundra a 20-carat, heart-shaped solitaire when they got engaged in a private ceremony in October 2009. Shilpa’s wedding ring reportedly costs Rs 3 crore and was bought in London.
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
Abhishek Bachchan’s wedding to Aishwarya in April 2007 was one grand affair. After years of dating, the co-stars got engaged when Abhishek famously proposed to Aishwarya on the balcony of his New York hotel. room. Ever since, Aishwarya is often spotted showing off her dazzling ring that features a 53-carat solitaire and reportedly costs Rs 50 lakh.
Kareena Kapoor Khan
Kareena married the Nawab of Pataudi, in October 2012. Living up to his title, Saif ensured that his begum got a fitting diamond engagement ring — a 5-carat platinum band, said to cost Rs 75 lakh.
Businessman Rahul Sharma proposed to actor Asin in 2016 with a 20-carat solitaire. According to reports, it has the duo’s initials under the diamond and the band of the ring. It is said to cost a whopping Rs 6 crore.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut finally reacted to Arnab Goswami's leaked WhatsApp chat, in which he claimed that she is ‘sexually possessed with’ Hrithik Roshan.
- Vikas Khanna revealed that he was asked to pay money in exchange for favourable reviews of his directorial debut, The Last Color. He said that he will never forget it.
- Filmmaker Pooja Bhatt has written a note about feeling the temptation to drink, and how she dealt with it. She has been sober for four years.
- Actor Maanvi Gagroo, who has appeared in Four More Shots Please! and Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan, complained to an OTT platform after its name was used as bait by someone who told her she had to 'compromise' for a role.
- Shahid Kapoor's wife, Mira Rajput, has shared new posts from their Goa vacation. Check them out.
- Sushmita Sen's daughter Renee said that she never felt the need to know about her biological parents. She also expressed her desire to adopt children someday.
- Imran Khan's estranged wife, Avantika Malik, has shared a cryptic note about finding comfort on the 'darkest, quietest nights'.