Rajkummar Rao: Deepika Padukone and I discussed that we must do something together
When actors Rajkummar Rao and Deepika Padukone exchanged pleasantries at a recent awards show, little did they know that their picture together would get social media talking. Ever since the snap surfaced online, fans of the actors have been asking them to co-star in a film. Rajkummar says he takes it as a compliment that fans feel he and Deepika look together. “Deepika and I share a mutual admiration. I love what she does and love all her performances. She is one of the finest actresses we have in the country right now,” he says.
According to reports, Deepika and Rajkummar bonded quite well at the event. Later, Deepika retweeted a picture of the two from the awards show, which was captioned, ‘RT if you want to see this talented duo in a film!’ And Rajkummar does not rule out the possibility either, confirming that he and Deepika spoke about working together. “She (Deepika) also likes what I do. We spoke about each other’s work and also discussed that we must do something together, and hopefully the opportunity will come soon,” says the actor, who has six film releases this year.
Responding to those who feel that he is on a ‘signing spree’, he says, “Well, I would like to put it differently. As long as I am offered different characters and the films are interesting, it’s fine for me. And all these [films] have lovely scripts and I just don’t want to say no to them. I am a very greedy actor and if I like something then I want to be a part of it without thinking about the number of films I want to do in a year.”
However, the actor eventually wants to work on a fixed number of films a year. “Doing two films a year is obviously my bigger plan, eventually I would be doing that… But right now I want to create that kind of space for myself in the industry,” says the actor.
Interact with Shreya Mukherjee at Twitter/@Shreya_MJ
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- In an interview with Hindustan Times, Sharib Hashmi talks about The Family Man season 2, the experience of working with Kangana Ranaut on Dhaakad and more.
- Actor Anushka Sharma shared a post on mothers on the occasion of International Women's Day. She said that 'strong' and 'resilient ones' need to be celebrated.
- Kishwer Merchant dropped a comment on a video of Kangana Ranaut at the airport, asking, "How is this woman never in a mask?'
- Esha Deol revealed that while her mother Hema Malini did not cry at her 'bidaai', she could not hold back her emotions afterwards.
- Lisa Haydon, who is currently expecting her third child with husband Dino Lalvani, shared a special post featuring her 'very little woman' on International Women's Day.
- Aamir Khan and Elli AvrRam burn up the dance floor in the first teaser for their song, Har Funn Maula. Watch it here.
- Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui's brother Shamas has reacted to news of that Nawaz and his wife, Aaliya, are willing to reconcile. Aaliya had accused Shamas of physical abuse.
- Kriti Sanon slipped and almost fell before a posing session for the paparazzi on Monday. Watch the video here.
- Janhvi Kapoor was spotted at the Mumbai airport over the weekend. During her exit from the airport, her staff member stopped a fan from taking a picture with the actor. Janhvi tackled the situation calmly.
- Boney Kapoor said that he was fortunate to have 'some of the strongest women in the world' in his life -- late wife Sridevi, and daughters Janhvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor.
- Despite cancelling divorce proceedings, Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife, Aaliya, has said that they aren't yet living with each other.
- Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra shared a funny and cute video of the two of them to celebrate his wife and an 'amazing role model'.