Singer Rahul Jain: Remix artistes are killing original talents
The trend of remixing old songs has become so popular in the last decade that you’d find at least on such track in every film. Composer and singer Rahul Jain feels that may be the audiences have an appetite for such songs, but he is quick to add that this is hampering the originality of the music industry.
“All kinds of music should be there but I feel that abhi remixes bahut zyada ho rahe hai. Remix artistes are killing original talents,” he says, adding, “I sing and compose my own songs and a lot of people like me are in search of work. But, if you keep repeating and remixing old songs, that is not something good.”
Jain, who recently launched his new song Tenu Meri Umar Lag Jaave featuring choreographer Terence Lewis, admits that he, too, has recreated around 250 songs in the past, but that was only for his Youtube channel.
“Films are such a big medium, we can get into doing both go good and bad. When it comes to music , I feel original music should get the preference over remixes. But, it’s sad that film producers want to play it safe and opt for a couple of old songs, rehash them and put it in a film’s album,” he rues.
Besides Bollywood, the singer also feels that there are certain things that should also change in the music industry.
“Opportunity should be given to people who come from outside to make a name in the industry. Like many others, I’ve faced it (favouritism) too. I used to go to various places sing songs but I never saw my songs release because of favouritism and nepotism. People have groups and they only want to work with particular people,” shares Jain.
Though to an extent, the singer calls it fine, he insists, “An open ground should be given for everyone, we all have the right to showcase our work to the world and some people should not be the hurdle in the way.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shah Rukh Khan's daughter, Suhana Khan, has shared a new picture on Instagram Stories, showing off her necklace collection.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's niece, Mallika Singh, shared precious memories with him on his birth anniversary. She said that she misses him ‘more than (he) can ever imagine’.
- Mira Rajput has shared new pictures from her Goa vacation with Shahid Kapoor. See her latest posts here.
- Kangana Ranaut criticised Twitter after a representative justified temporary restriction of her account, citing her now-deleted anti-Tandav tweet.
- Anil Kapoor was sceptical about playing Priyanka Chopra's father in Dil Dhadakne Do, as they were offered films as a romantic pair in the past. His son, Harsh Varrdhan Kapoor, convinced him to take up the role.
- Actor Tiger Shroff's sister, Krishna, has shared a special post on her 28th birthday, and Disha Patani is in awe. Check it out here.
- Actor Arjun Rampal has shared a new video with his son, Arik. His partner, Gabriella Demetriades, loves it.
- Varun Dhawan evaded commenting on his upcoming wedding with Natasha Dalal in Alibaug when photographers congratulated him. Watch the video here.
- Renuka Shahane, whose parents separated when she was eight years old, was ostracised by other children because she came from a 'broken family'.
- Late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's last co-star, Sanjana Sanghi, has paid tribute to him on his birth anniversary on Thursday.