Troll asks Amitabh Bachchan if he has donated to Kerala flood victims yet. Here’s his answer
Amitabh Bachchan likes to keep it graceful on social media, especially when he interacts with followers whom he calls his EF (extended family). Even when he responds to haters or doubters, he does so with that grace intact.
On Wednesday, the actor shared a photo from a recording studio. He posted the photo with a caption stating, “.. the best place to be at midnight .. after finishing shoot for the day at KBC - a recording studio in front of a mike ..”
A user commented on the post, “Kerala ko donation diya?” While Big B may not comment usually, the actor made an exception this time. “Ji diya.. Pata chal gaya aapko.. Aapne diya kya?” Amitabh wrote. The actor and his family has donated Rs 51 lakh to the relief organisations working for the Kerala flood victims. The 75-year-old actor also gave away some of his personal belongings to the flood-ravaged state.
Amitabh contributed to the relief effort being coordinated by Oscar winner Resul Pookutty for Kerala Chief Minister’s Distress Relief Fund. He had earlier thanked Amitabh Bachchan and Abhishek Bachchan for their gesture. He tweeted, “Benevolence and kindness in this grave hour of need has no word for thanking, but for sincere gratitude, love and affection. @SrBachchan and @juniorbachchan the people of Kerala consider you one of their own, and your hand of help is deeply appreciated.Respect.”
A source close to Pookutty informed ANI that Amitabh has also sent six cartons of his personal clothing, including around 80 jackets, 25 pants, 20 shirts, and scarves. The actor has also donated around 40 shoes.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan were visited on Wednesday evening by Karisma Kapoor, Malaika Arora, Amrita Arora, Manish Malhotra and Natasha Poonawalla.
- Karan Johar and Manish Malhotra arrived at Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor's residence and posed together for the paparazzi. Malaika Arora and sister Amrita also visited the couple.
- Twinkle Khanna shared a funny experience from her recent doctor's visit and joked about being a 'long-standing member of Giri Hui Aurat Club'.
- Hema Malini, who will be seen as a guest in an upcoming episode of Indian Idol 12, opened up about how her father tried to keep her away from Dharmendra.
- Tamannaah Bhatia is currently in Jaipur, enjoying the pre-wedding functions of her best friend Hanna Khan. See pictures from sangeet and mehendi ceremonies.
- Bhumi Pednekar's sea-facing apartment in Mumbai features a potpourri of elements, including a beautiful garden, a grand chandelier and a small filmy spot.
- Director Sooni Taraporevala has clarified that her accusations of plagiarism against the creatives behind an apparel ad have nothing to do with Deepika Padukone, who was featured in it.
- Tiger Shroff is among the most successful young stars. In an old interview, he had explained why buying a house for his parents was his most heroic act, off the screen.
- Kangana Ranaut alleged that no architect is willing to restore her office in Mumbai after it was partially demolished by the BMC last year, as they are being threatened with cancellation of their licenses.