Sushmita Sen to Sania Mirza: 9 jaw-dropping lehengas from Lakme Fashion Week 2018
Lakme Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2018 was graced with plenty of show-stopping lehengas this season. From Bipasha Basu, Sania Mirza and Aditi Rao Hydari to Karisma Kapoor, Mira Rajput and more. Here’s our list of top dream-worthy ensembles we couldn’t get enough of.Updated: Feb 05, 2018 16:05 IST
The Lakme Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2018 runways were filled with one gorgeous look after another. The looks — from edgy and cool separates to glamorous and sophisticated gowns we’re sure to see on the next red carpet best-dressed list — were breathtaking and immaculate.
But there were some dream-worthy lehengas we couldn’t get enough of this season. While designers like Payal Singhal and Reshma Kunhi dazzled us with their head-turning romantic lehengas in dreamy chiffon and silk fabrics, beaded and embroidered ensembles from Anushree Reddy and House of Kotwara certainly had us wishing for the next wedding season to come already. Photographs truly did not do them justice.
From a show-stopping red and gold-hued Ashwini Reddy lehenga on actor Tamannaah Bhatia that gave serious ‘new-age princess’ vibes to a heavily-embellished Jayanti Reddy lehenga on actor Shilpa Shetty that was just complete magic, here are our favourite picks from the Lakme Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2018 runways:
1. Tennis player Sania Mirza in a signature blush pink-hued creation by designer Anushree Reddy on Saturday. The tone-on-tone threadwork and zardozi embroidery with fine pearl, sequin and zardozi detailing make this voluminous lehenga nothing short of whimsy. (PTI)
2. Actor Tamannaah Bhatia on Saturday walked in a piece from designer Ashwini Reddy’s collection titled Tilottama, inspired by the celestial beauty of Apsaras — the angels of light from Hindu mythology. The red and gold embellished lehenga, paired with a cold-shoulder ruffled sleeve blouse, was every bit elegant, delicate and traditional. (Tamannaah Fans Club/ Facebook)
3. Actor Bipasha Basu walked in a luxurious Reshma Kunni outfit on Saturday night. The collection, titled Lotus, was a floral collection showcasing traditional Indian fabrics like handloom silk, organza, tulle and other specialised blends with exquisite zari work, thread work, metal accents, ruffles, tassels and pleats. (PTI)
4. Actor Aditi Rao Hydari turned showstopper for designer Payal Singhal’s collection, titled Saira, on Saturday. The intricate patterns, jaali work, filigree and antique embroidery on the lehenga gave this look a sartorial edge. Simply stunning!
5. Actor Sushmita Sen stunned in a pristine white House of Kotwara ensemble by Muzaffar and Meera Ali on Saturday. The label’s classic chikankari was enhanced by the timelessness and grandeur of traditional embroidery techniques like zardozi, mukaish, and aari. (PTI)
6. Actor Shilpa Shetty Shetty wore an exquisitely embroidered ivory lehenga with a scalloped hem and a matching beaded and embellished blouse, teamed with a rich, ruffled dupatta, from designer Jayanti Reddy’s collection, This One Summer, on Sunday. (IANS)
7. On Sunday, actor Karisma Kapoor walked the ramp in a romantic embroidered lehenga choli from AARBEE by designer Ravi Bhalotia. Whether it is the floral pattern of the embroidery or the choice of the colour palette, this flowy, floor-sweeping lehenga will live up to your understated wedding-look dream. (Facebook/ Lakme Fashion Week)
8. Actor Kiara Advani wore a floral and feminine lehenga set — a heavily embellished black skirt drenched in red and green floral pattern, a black lace bustier-style choli embellished with beads and sequins and a floaty waistcoat — from designer Julie Shah on Sunday. (Facebook/ Lakme Fashion Week)
9. Shahid Kapoor’s wife Mira Rajput was modern bride goals in her ivory floral lehenga with a pale blue and pink print. She looked perfectly relaxed as she walked arm-in-arm with her actor-husband in the Anita Dongre ensemble from the designer’s collection, titled Songs of Summer, on Wednesday. (PTI)
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more