Munch on: Here are 7 healthy yet delicious snacks for each day of the week
From baked potato chips to granola bars... there are many low calorie options to reach for when hunger strikes. Take a look at some of them.Updated: Jul 27, 2017 16:18 IST
There’s a common perception that diet food is boring. But that’s not true. You can eat healthy without compromising on taste, and yes, that includes low calorie desserts too. Diet food contains fewer calories, and serves as a healthier alternative to conventional snacks such as potato chips, burgers and other fast food. Some diet foods are full of antioxidants, essential nutrients. Experts at salebhai.com list some of the healthy diet snacks and food that could be consumed on different days of the week.
* Mondays: Diet chivda is a mixed snack popular across India and served with hot beverages. It is made of ingredients such as flattened rice, dried peas, raisins, and so on. Available in different combinations, diet chivda is an excellent healthy treat as most of the ingredients are either dried or baked, and contain little to no oil or fat.
* Tuesdays: While fried potato chips top the list of unhealthy foods in the world, its diet version is the opposite, without compromising on taste. Diet potato chips are mostly baked and use little to no oil, and make for a yummy snack between meals.
* Wednesdays: Chira (flattened rice) is the main ingredient in poha. When lightly roasted, it can be mixed with various spices and consumed as a healthy snack throughout the day.
* Thursdays: A container of masala chickpeas packs several vitamins, minerals, dietary fibre and protein, keeping one fuller for longer.
* Fridays: Quinoa has become popular over the years both as a superfood and a versatile ingredient. Native to South America, it is prepared by being boiled in water. The nutrient-rich grain is mostly consumed as part of a salad, but there are treats such as quinoa puffs that are equally healthy and delicious.
* Saturdays: A favourite among gym goers and fitness aficionados, muesli or granola bars are the perfect choice that also boost metabolism. A great alternative to candy bars, they can satiate anyone’s sweet tooth or sudden cravings without any adverse effects to health. Muesli bars are made up of refined flour, hazelnut, cashew, almond, dark chocolate, honey, oats, butter, and sugar.
* Sunday: Although a new entrant in the list of healthiest foods, kale chips have quickly become one of the most tried new ingredients in the global food market. A close cousin of the cabbage family, kale has a high fibre content and low calories, making it a great diet food.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
First Published: Jul 27, 2017 16:14 IST