The true meaning of Thanksgiving: Tyler Perry stands by the less fortunate
Hollywood actor Tyler Perry is celebrating Thanksgiving this year in the most inspiring way - helping the helpless. The 51-year-old actor who has acted in films such as Gone Girl and Star Trek, opened up his movie studios in Atlanta, US for a period four hours, to feed about 5000 underprivileged families.
“Tyler was heartbroken seeing people all over the country stand in line for food so he decided he wanted to give back to his community in Atlanta,” a source close to Perry was quoted as saying by People magazine. According to the report in the magazine, Perry, monetarily funded the initiative, TPS Giving, while employees from his studio volunteered four hours from their schedule to hand out non-perishable food items as well as $25 gift cards.
“Hopefully this encourages others who are able to, to give back during the holiday season in a year that has been difficult for many, “ the source added.
In April, earlier this year, he gave a whopping $21,000 to employees at a restaurant he’s fond of after they found themselves out of work due to the pandemic. He also paid for the groceries of elderly and high-risk shoppers.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The White Tiger movie review: Adarsh Gourav delivers a star-making performance in Ramin Bahrani's angry answer to Slumdog Millionaire, co-starring Priyanka Chopra Jonas and Rajkummar Rao.
- Actor Tom Holland spoke about the arduous audition process for Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and the time he thought he'd be fired from the role.
- A life-size cutout of Ana de Armas was trashed outside Ben Affleck's house, amid reports of their breakup.
- Joe and Anthony Russo are bringing their Marvel Cinematic Universe experience to fleshing out the Extraction franchise, director Sam Hargrave has said.
- Celebrity couple Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel have welcomed their second child, a year after he publicly apologised for inappropriate behaviour amid cheating rumours.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared Jungle Mantra, an original song from the White Tiger soundtrack, by Divine, featuring Vince Staples and Pusha T. Listen here.
- Actor Ray Fisher has released a lengthy statement confirming his removal from the upcoming Flash movie, amid his standoff with Warner Bros.
- Actor Armie Hammer announced that he is quitting his upcoming film, amid a scandal around messages that he allegedly sent a woman.
- Patralekhaa spotted Rajkummar Rao on a hoarding of The White Tiger in New York and shared a picture on Instagram stories. She reminisced about his incredible journey, from Gurugram to New York.
- One Night in Miami movie review: Debutante director Regina King extracts terrific performances from her four leading men, in a high-concept drama about power and responsibility.