At least two people were killed and two others injured when an alleged unauthorised eight storey building under construction collapsed in Anjaiah Nagar in the upscale Gachibowli of Hyderabad on Saturday, officials said.

The incident occurred at around 2 pm. “Two bodies had been recovered from the rubble, while two others were injured after debris fell on a neighbouring structure. They were shifted to a nearby hospital for treatment,” a police officer said.
The collapsed structure was reportedly on a plot measuring only around 50 to 60 square yards. Officials alleged that the building was built over or adjacent to a drain without the required permissions.
Also Read | Dilapidated building collapses mid-demolition in Capital, one dead
Rescue teams from Hyderabad Disaster Response and Assets Protection Agency (HYDRAA), the NDRF, fire services and the police rushed to the site and began clearing the rubble. HYDRAA commissioner AV Ranganath said authorities would probe other buildings allegedly built by the same person.
Cyberabad Municipal Commissioner G Srijana said officials had seized the building after a complaint against it nearly six months ago. “However, construction reportedly resumed on Friday,” he said.
{{/usCountry}}Cyberabad Municipal Commissioner G Srijana said officials had seized the building after a complaint against it nearly six months ago. “However, construction reportedly resumed on Friday,” he said.
{{/usCountry}}