Srinivasa Rao Apparasu
Srinivasa Rao is Senior Assistant Editor based out of Hyderabad covering developments in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana . He has over three decades of reporting experience.
Articles by Srinivasa Rao Apparasu
UPDATED ON MAR 06, 2021 08:39 PM IST
- In its defence, the YSRC said borrowings were for welfare schemes.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 06, 2021 02:58 PM IST
- Police said the victim had earlier worked as a member of Maoist militia and surrendered a couple of years ago.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 06, 2021 01:18 AM IST
- Interestingly, the election of the six YSRC members comes at a time when a resolution adopted by the Jagan Mohan Reddy government in the state assembly in January 2020, seeking abolition of the legislative council, is still pending with the Union home ministry.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 05, 2021 08:12 PM IST
The embalmed body was getting fragmented around the face, shoulders and the feet.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 05, 2021 07:48 PM IST
CM Jagan Reddy said the officials could make use of the platform and counter the propaganda with evidence.
By Srinivasa Rao Apparasu, Hyderabad, Hindustan Times
PUBLISHED ON MAR 05, 2021 04:06 PM IST
Except the Bharatiya Janata Party, all the political parties, including the YSR Congress Party, the ruling party in the state, took part in the state bandh.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 03, 2021 06:30 PM IST
- Santosh is planning to set up a Green India Foundation to take up the tree plantation programme extensively and also spread it to other parts of the country.
By Srinivasa Rao Apparasu | Edited by Abhinav Sahay, Hyderabad, Hindustan Times
UPDATED ON MAR 03, 2021 12:48 PM IST
- A Guntur district official said the two hillocks were located at a distance of a one-and-a-half kilometre.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 03, 2021 11:29 AM IST
The accused works as a hair stylist at a popular international brand salon and belongs to Haryana. A case of attempt to murder has been registered and further investigations are on
PUBLISHED ON MAR 02, 2021 01:14 PM IST
- On receiving information from the locals, the police rushed to the spot to take up rescue operations.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 02, 2021 09:31 AM IST
- Haridaspur, a small village in Kondapur block, about 70 km from Hyderabad, celebrates birth of every girl child.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 01, 2021 02:26 PM IST
The leader was to join his Telugu Desam Party leaders in protest against the YSR Congress Party.
UPDATED ON FEB 28, 2021 10:28 AM IST
- The Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams board also decided to frame certain guidelines for taking over of temples by the TTD and for providing them financial assistance under Sri Vani Trust.
UPDATED ON FEB 27, 2021 06:52 PM IST
- Kuppam gram panchayat is represented by former chief minister N Chandrababu Naidu.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 27, 2021 03:08 PM IST
- A court in Siddipet sent the eight accused to 14 days in judicial custody.
UPDATED ON FEB 27, 2021 08:20 AM IST
According to an official from the Andhra Pradesh(AP) chief minister Jagan Mohan Reddy’s office, the CM had written a letter to Union education minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank on February 12.
Andhra govt seeks to affiliate Venkateswara College with Andhra University; students and teachers hold protest
By Fareeha Iftikhar and Srinivasa Rao Apparasu, New Delhi/hyderabad
UPDATED ON FEB 26, 2021 11:13 PM IST
The Andhra Pradesh government has written to the Union ministry of education seeking to disaffiliate Sri Venkateswara College, Delhi, from Delhi University (DU) and affiliate it with the Andhra University (AU) in Visakhapatnam
PUBLISHED ON FEB 26, 2021 10:14 PM IST
- Ignoring the continuous protests by the workers of the plant, the Centre has begun the exercise of disinvestment in the steel plant.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 26, 2021 05:49 PM IST
- The Telangana Congress challenged the TRS government in the state to hold an open debate at the Telangana Martyr’s Memorial at Gun Park in front of the state assembly complex in Hyderabad on the issue of recruitments made after the formation of Telangana in 2014.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 26, 2021 05:46 PM IST
N Uttam Kumar Reddy led a Congress leaders’ delegation that met governor Tamilisai Soundararajan to demand the probe
PUBLISHED ON FEB 25, 2021 08:04 PM IST
The Election Commission of India on Thursday issued notification for the elections to six MLC seats under the MLAs’ quota in Andhra Pradesh.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 25, 2021 05:56 AM IST
A case of suspicious death has been registered and an investigation is on. Family members told police that it was her second attempt to kill herself in the past 24 hours, according to a police official who did not want to be named.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 24, 2021 11:44 PM IST
- Police said the accused and the victim were in a relationship for a year, but of late she had been avoiding him.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 24, 2021 09:34 PM IST
- The tribal fair draws devotees not only from Telangana, but also from other states like Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 24, 2021 08:18 PM IST
- Cyberabad police have arrested eight people in the passport scam, including two policemen who were responsible for verifying applications.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 24, 2021 01:17 PM IST
- The police had concluded that there was no connection between the girl's account and the technical evidence gathered in the case.
UPDATED ON FEB 23, 2021 11:27 PM IST
- A decision to this effect was taken at the state cabinet meeting held by the chief minister at the secretariat in Amaravati on Tuesday.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 23, 2021 07:50 PM IST
The CEO said as technology was all-pervasive in human lives, societies and economy, technology developers should ensure artificial intelligence ethics, data privacy and security and internet safety.
UPDATED ON FEB 23, 2021 06:03 PM IST
- Temple executive officer served the suspension orders on the officials working in various capacities in the temple administration.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 23, 2021 11:18 AM IST
- In Telangana’s Peddapalli district, two persons were killed and two others were seriously injured, when the car they were travelling in, hit the road divider and overturned.