CISF sub-inspector injured in fire at Delhi’s CGO complex dies
The fire started at Pandit Deendayal Antyodaya Bhawan in the CGO complex around 8.30am in the morning.Updated: Mar 06, 2019 12:37 IST
A CISF sub-inspector died in a major fire which broke out on the fifth floor of Pandit Deendayal Antyodaya Bhawan at the CGO Complex in the national capital Wednesday morning. The fire department rushed 24 fire engines to the spot to fight the blaze.
Delhi’s chief fire officer Atul Garg said the fire started at the Pandit Deendayal Antyodaya Bhawan in the CGO complex around 8.30am in the morning. The building houses several government offices and is located near Lodhi Road.
CISF sub-inspector M P Godra who fell unconscious after inhaling smoke was taken to the All India Institute of Medical sciences (AIIMS) where he was pronounced dead, officials said. Godra was 53.
Officials said the fire was brought under control and cooling operation is underway. They said a short circuit could be the probable cause of the fire.
Many central government offices, including a branch of the Indian Air Force, Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, and Ministry of Forest operate out of the building. Earlier it was known as the Paryavaran Bhawan.
First Published: Mar 06, 2019 09:28 IST