PM Modi to interact with three Covid-19 vaccine development teams
Prime minister Narendra Modi will interact with three teams involved in developing a vaccine to prevent the coronavirus on Monday. The prime minister’s office in a tweet said that the PM will speak to teams from Gennova Biopharma, Biological E and Dr. Reddy’s.
The prime minister’s office said, “Tomorrow, on 30th November 2020, PM @narendramodi will interact, via video conferencing, with three teams that are involved in developing a COVID-19 vaccine. The teams he will interact with are from Gennova Biopharma, Biological E and Dr. Reddy’s.”
According to its website, Gennova Biopharmaceuticals, a Pune-based biotechnology company, is developing an mRNA vaccine to curb the spread of Covid-19, in collaboration with HDT Biotech Corporation which is based in Seattle. They are conducting trials of the vaccine named, HGCO19, on rodents and non-human primate models.
Biological E. Limited (BE) is also preparing a vaccine in collaboration with US based Dynavax Technologies Corporation (Dynavax) and Baylor College of Medicine. The results of BE’s vaccine trials are expected to be released in February 2021. Drugs Controller General of India (DGCI) on November 16 had given the Pune-based pharmaceutical company the permission to conduct Phase 1 and Phase 2 trials.
Dr Reddy’s, one of the largest global pharmaceutical companies, has partnered with the Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) to conduct clinical trials of the Sputnik V vaccine developed by the Gamaleya Institute in Russia. RDIF and Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd have agreed to supply 100 million doses of Sputnik V, conduct clinical trials and distribution of the vaccine.
PM Modi had earlier visited Zydus Cadila’s manufacturing facility near Ahmedabad, Bharat Biotech’s vaccine manufacturing facility at Genome valley at Hyderabad and Serum Institute of India (SII) campus at Pune on Saturday to review India’s vaccine delivery system and preparedness.
India has recorded 9,392,919 cases of Covid-19 and the death toll has crossed 136,000.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Khan won from the Chainpur Assembly seat on a Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) ticket in the 2020 assembly elections and is all set to join JD-U soon.
- Since January 16, a total of 10,514 healthcare workers have been vaccinated in Uttarakhand in 171 sessions.
- The PM is scheduled to address a public rally at Jerenga Pathar in Sivasagar district on Saturday and distribute land allotment certificates to over 1,06,000 landless people.
- The petitioner, had joined the 3-year law course at Law Centre-II of the Faculty of Law, Delhi University in August 2016. She was a married woman who attended the evening law course and successfully cleared three semesters. In the fourth semester, she became pregnant and could not attend classes.
- The child-friendly police station has been developed under an initiative by the state commission for protection of child rights and police to provide a friendly environment to the children on the streets to prevent them from stepping into the world of crime.
- The BJP chief directed the volunteers to keep reminding people of the good work done by the state and central governments on social media since public memory was known to be short.