Vaastu for Diwali
Here are some simple tips from Vaastu Shastra that you could practice to enhance your chances of prosperity, this Diwali.india Updated: Oct 25, 2011 02:12 IST
It is believed that Goddess Lakshmi visits our home and workplace on Diwali, but the Goddess only enters a well-lit and a welcoming house. Hence, people make a special point to clean their house during the festival. Here are some vaastu tips to enhance your prosperity this Diwali:
1. Remove clutter as first step to Diwali preparations.
2. Add a pinch of energy salt or sendha namak (used during fast) while mopping the floor for a shiny sweep.
3. Make rangoli on the entrance, as it is considered to be the symbol of good luck.
4. A string of marigold flowers and mango leaves tied with red thread (moli) on the main door (bandhanwar) brings good luck.
5. Place rock salt (filled in glass bowl) in all the four corners of your home or office.
6. Keep a well decorated kalash in the north side of your house.
7. Perform your puja facing east or northeast. This will bring peace and prosperity.
8. Place idol of Lakshmi and Ganesh made of mud. The picture of Goddess Lakshmi must be in sitting position.
9. To get rid of unnecessary loans, make list of all loans to be paid off, one day before diwali and start repaying from next Tuesday. you will start getting rid of the loans.
10. Make a mangal deepak and place it in the centre of your house. This will balance the five elements that our body is made up of. To make a mangal deepak, take a broad glass bowl, place a glass tumbler upside down in it, now put some glass marbles or stones in it, fill the bowl with water, sprinkle some flower petals in the bowl and light five floating diyas in it.
11. Clean all your ornaments made of gold, silver and precious stones.
12. Worship Goddess Lakshmi and Ganesh by offering kumkum, chandan, rice, flowers and sweets. After the puja, give some amount as token of love to all your family
First Published: Oct 24, 2011 16:16 IST