For gorgeous summer hair and clean scalp follow these 18 simple tips
Hair — just like skin — can take a beating in summer. If you don’t take care of your mane, well, you might end up with seriously icky hair. So use these summer hair tips now.more lifestyle Updated: Mar 16, 2018 18:52 IST
The weather can be tough on your hair at any time of the year, but the summer months can play a particular challenge when it comes to taming your manes. With the extra sun, your hair can take a back-seat in your beauty routine.
If you don’t take care of your mane, well, you might end up with seriously icky hair. An itchy and dry scalp is an irritating factor for everyone and needs to be treated well to have shiny tresses: From regular cleansing with a scalp compatible shampoo, sun protection methods like covering head with scarves to religiously massaging are a few steps that can give you a healthy scalp.
Melissa Hughe, education head at Kérastase, and Kama Ayurveda’s in-house doctor Sharad Kulkarni dole out some tips:
1. Regular cleansing with a scalp compatible shampoo like oily scalp shampoo or sensitive scalp shampoo is a must to counter the excessive oil, sweat and dirt build up in the summer.
2. A soothing, refreshing scalp masque to keep the scalp balanced (hydrated or soothed) and deodorized is another must do.
3. Keep the scalp clean and dry to avoid scalp irritations.
4. Wear a scarf or sun hat when exposed to direct sunlight.
5. A specific scalp treatment or ritual to counter any concerns is recommended once in 15 days to a month (depending on intensity of concern).
6. Drink lots of fluids to keep the skin and scalp hydrated
7. A scalp detox or scalp deep cleansing once in 15 days will keep scalp concerns at bay.
8. Keep your hair deep conditioned, hydrated and frizz free with the right products
9. Regular (weekly 3-4 days) massage to scalp, hair and ears with a natural oil for at least 10 minutes each time is a must.
10. Massage is followed by hair wash with a natural hair cleanser.
11. Do not use hot water for head bath and opt for lukewarm water
12. Dry the hair completely without using a hair drying blower.
13. Apply any of the natural non sticky hair oil or cream in less quantity post hair wash
14. Avoid frequent use of styling gels or sprays on the hairs.
15. Consume plenty of water especially in the morning and keep re hydrating
16. Avoid over exposure to sunlight or wind.
17. Exercise using half of your strength rather than straining too much.
18. Do pranayama for at least 10 minutes a day.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more