Barack Obama names Prateek Kuhad’s Cold Mess among his favourite songs of 2019, singer says he’s ‘totally flipping out’
As the year 2019 bids adieu, former President of United States Barack Obama on Monday shared the list of his favourite music of the year which included the song Cold/Mess by Indian musician Prateek Kuhad alongside Beyonce’s Mood 4 Eva, The Black Keys Go among others.
Continuing with the tradition of sharing the year-end list of his favourite music, books, and films, the former President took to Twitter on December 30 and shared his favourites of the year in each of the genres.
“From hip-hop to country to The Boss, here are my songs of the year. If you’re looking for something to keep you company on a long drive or help you turn up a workout, I hope there’s a track or two in here that does the trick,” read Obama’s tweet.
Watch: Cold Mess
Soon after the list was released on the Twitter account of the former President of the United States, musician Prateek Kuhad, who is the only Indian artist to feature in this year’s list, also shared the list on his Twitter account with a heartfelt post.
“This just happened and I don’t think I’ll sleep tonight. Totally flipping out. I have no idea how cold/mess even reached him but thank you @barackobama, thank you universe. I didn’t think 2019 could’ve gotten better, but damn was I wrong. What an honour,” tweeted the young Indian artist.
Prateek’s fans also cheered for him in the comments section. A fan asked him, “do you think Barack also cries when the chorus kicks in.” Another wrote, “You deserve what you deserve!So happy that you ended your year by making a fan,who happens to be the former president of USA.” One more fan commented to his tweet, “That’s insane approval from one of the best humans out there! Well done.”
Cold/Mess is a love song, composed and sung by Kuhad and features actors Jim Sarbh and Zoya Hussain in the video. Other artists that made it to the favourite music list of the former President are Beyonce, Lizzo, Frank Ocean and Solange.
(With HT inputs)
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Recording Academy announced the list of performers for Grammys 2021. BTS, Taylor Swift, Harry Styles and many more will perform at this year's cereony.
- Bigg Boss 14 winner Rubina Dilaik and Bigg Boss 13's Paras Chhabra are coming together for a music video. See their pictures and videos from the shoot.
- BTS singer Jungkook hosted a VLive on Sunday. During the chat, he revealed his new hair colour, thanked the ARMY, listened to songs and gave everyone a good look at his arm tattoos.
- Singer Nick Jonas shared his thoughts on BTS, to the delight of the pop group's fans. Here's what he said.
- BTS singer Jungkook released an alternative bridge of the group's song Dis-ease. The 45-second clip has the BTS member singing in English.
- Bigg Boss 13 star Shehnaaz Gill romances Badshah in new song Fly, but 'looks part Indian-part Thai'. Watch the video here.
- Rohanpreet Singh was bowled over by Neha Kakkar's "hotness" in their glamorous new photoshoot together. See pictures here.
- BTS singers Jimin and V graduated from Global Cyber University. The duo has been conferred with the Presidential Award as well.
- Singer Shreya Ghoshal has announced her first pregnancy. She is married to Shiladitya M since six years.
- BTS leader RM, during a conversation about India, revealed that he was familiar with Daler Mehndi's hit Punjabi track Tunak Tunak Tun and confessed he sang the song in middle school.