Published on Oct 19, 2021 10:34 PM IST
Evergrande is scrambling to raise funds to pay its many lenders and suppliers, amid concerns about a possible offshore default later this week after it missed a series of interest payments due on its bonds.
Published on Oct 19, 2021 05:29 PM IST
Reuters | , Hong Kong/shanghai
- China's robotic spacecraft that went to the Moon last year brought back Moon rocks that have provided a new insight into lunar volcanic activity more recent than earlier thought.
Published on Oct 19, 2021 05:06 PM IST
AP | , Beijing
If the missile test is confirmed, it would suggest that Chinese President Xi Jinping may be exploring orbital strikes as a way to counter American advancements in shooting down ballistic missiles before they can threaten the US homeland.
Published on Oct 19, 2021 12:27 PM IST
Tuesday's report also showed growth in China's manufacturing output slowed to 4.6 per cent in the third quarter, down from 9.2 per cent in the previous three months, as production curbs at factories battling ongoing energy shortages began to bite.
Published on Oct 19, 2021 11:23 AM IST
Russian envoy Zamir Kabulov on Friday announced the four-nation talks in Moscow, saying they would aim to “work out a common position on the changing situation in Afghanistan.”
Published on Oct 19, 2021 06:56 AM IST
- The use of latest technology at the mountain division’s hi-tech surveillance centre is playing a critical role in tracking the developments and PLA activities along LAC in Arunachal Pradesh and across it, Minwalla said.
Published on Oct 19, 2021 12:18 AM IST
By Rahul Singh
- Asked to share details about the reported testing, the Chinese foreign ministry on Monday denied it.
Published on Oct 19, 2021 12:01 AM IST
By Sutirtho Patranobis, Hindustan Times, Beijing
Published on Oct 18, 2021 06:26 PM IST
The United States is closely watching China's military modernisation programme to assess the possible risks posed to it by its increasingly assertive strategic competitor.
Published on Oct 18, 2021 03:35 PM IST
- The latest figure disappointed expectations of 5.0 percent growth predicted by analysts polled by AFP, and was a sharp three percentage points down from the 7.9 percent expansion in the April to June period.
Updated on Oct 18, 2021 08:22 AM IST
- FT sources said the hypersonic glide vehicle was carried by a Long March rocket, launches of which it usually announces, though the August test was kept under wraps.
Updated on Oct 17, 2021 05:16 AM IST
The crew’s scheduled activities include up to three spacewalks to install equipment in preparation for expanding the station, assessing living conditions in the module and conducting experiments in space medicine and other fields.
Published on Oct 15, 2021 10:48 PM IST
AP | , Beijing
- Bhutan and China signed an agreement on a “three-step roadmap” for expediting the boundary negotiations.
Published on Oct 15, 2021 07:21 PM IST
Bhutan’s foreign minister Tandi Dorji and China’s assistant foreign minister Wu Jianghao signed the MoU during a virtual ceremony.
Updated on Oct 15, 2021 04:29 AM IST
By Rezaul H Laskar, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
The satellite was launched aboard a Long March-2D rocket and entered its planned orbit successfully.
Published on Oct 14, 2021 05:41 PM IST
PTI | , Beijing
- Beijing has previously been accused of withholding raw data on early cases during a visit by a WHO team in February.
Published on Oct 14, 2021 05:08 PM IST
AP | , Beijing
Growing risks in the sector led rating agency S&P Global to deliver fresh downgrades to two of the sector's bigger firms, Greenland Holdings - which has built some of the world's tallest residential towers - and E-house, and warn it could cut their ratings further.
Published on Oct 14, 2021 01:51 PM IST
Reuters | , Shanghai
Despite first human cases of Covid-19 reported in Wuhan, China has repeatedly dismissed theories. A WHO-led team spent four weeks in and around Wuhan earlier this year, insisting that the virus had probably been transmitted from bats to humans through another animal but further research was needed.
Updated on Oct 14, 2021 08:04 AM IST
Reuters | | Posted by Zarafshan Shiraz, Geneva
The University of Hong Kong had ordered the towering, two-ton Pillar of Shame, commemorating the 1989 Tiananmen Square crackdown, to be removed from its property by 5 pm Wednesday after receiving a risk assessment and legal advice
Updated on Oct 14, 2021 07:48 AM IST
Bloomberg | | Posted by Zarafshan Shiraz
- The United States accused Cambodia of being opaque about Chinese construction activities taking place at its biggest naval base.
Published on Oct 13, 2021 07:55 PM IST
At the end of August, America accounted for 35.4% of the global hash rate, a measure of computing power used to extract the digital currency, according to a Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance study published on Wednesday.
Published on Oct 13, 2021 03:35 PM IST
- According to the Chinese state media, the meeting will bring in high-level executives from housing enterprises to probe the problems in the housing market and address the turbulence.
Updated on Oct 13, 2021 11:52 AM IST
ANI | , Beijing
- A former government adviser on Tuesday said that India is at the forefront of making serious efforts towards achieving climate change targets but, stressed, there is a need to set up manufacturing units of solar panels to reduce the dependency on China.
Updated on Oct 12, 2021 10:40 PM IST
ANI | | Posted by Shubhangi Gupta, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- The world's second-largest economy was the only major one to expand last year after the coronavirus pandemic forced governments across the globe to lockdown.
Published on Oct 12, 2021 06:57 PM IST
Published on Oct 11, 2021 06:52 PM IST
Published on Oct 11, 2021 06:28 PM IST
- China did away with the repressive ‘one-child-policy’ in 2015 and replaced it with the ‘two-child-policy’, which was then replaced with the controversial ‘three-child-policy’ in 2021
Published on Oct 11, 2021 04:26 PM IST
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Ayshee Bhaduri | Edited by Avik Roy, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
Four years after vying with Jack Ma for the title of Asia’s richest man, Evergrande chairman Hui Ka Yan’s fortune is plunging and his sprawling real estate empire is on the verge of collapse.
Published on Oct 11, 2021 03:17 PM IST
- Beijing’s clampdown on the real estate sector and uncertainty over the future of giant China Evergrande Group has prompted rising default risks for the broader industry as weaker-rated developers struggle to meet upcoming obligations.
Published on Oct 11, 2021 12:50 PM IST