Agencies | , Beijing
PUBLISHED ON JUN 19, 2021 12:47 AM IST
- Authorities will likely begin by eliminating restrictions in provinces where the birthrates are the lowest
By Rezaul H Laskar, New Delhi
UPDATED ON JUN 19, 2021 04:10 AM IST
Foreign secretary Harsh Shringla made the remarks during an online dialogue on the theme “India’s foreign policy in the post-Covid world”
By hindustantimes.com, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JUN 18, 2021 09:01 AM IST
Here are today’s top news, analysis and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 18, 2021 05:32 AM IST
The US Department of Commerce may issue subpoenas to collect information about certain smartphone, tablet and desktop computer software applications. Then the agency may either negotiate conditions for their use in the United States or ban the apps, according to people familiar with the matter.
By Binayak Dasgupta, New Delhi
UPDATED ON JUN 18, 2021 07:42 AM IST
- In March 2021, the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (Cert-IN) said it found signs of China-linked cyber actors conducting an espionage campaign against the Indian transportation sector.
AP | , Hong Kong
PUBLISHED ON JUN 17, 2021 08:20 PM IST
- Apple Daily said in a statement that the move left it “speechless” but vowed to continue its reporting. The newspaper has long been one of the most outspoken defenders of Hong Kong's freedoms.
AP | | Posted by Kunal Gaurav, Jiuquan, China
PUBLISHED ON JUN 17, 2021 04:56 PM IST
- The Shenzhou-12 spacecraft connected with the Tianhe space station module about six hours after takeoff from the Jiuquan launch centre on the edge of the Gobi Desert.
Written by Kunal Gaurav | Edited by Meenakshi Ray, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JUN 17, 2021 04:31 PM IST
- The Covid origin probe has become a source of political tension between China and the United States amid claims of a possible virus leak at a Wuhan laboratory.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 17, 2021 01:57 PM IST
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Meenakshi Ray, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JUN 17, 2021 08:20 AM IST
China has earlier operated two experimental space stations. It also landed a probe on Mars last month that carried the Zhurong rover.
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Joydeep Bose
PUBLISHED ON JUN 17, 2021 06:13 AM IST
China's space mission Shenzhou-12 is the third of 11 missions needed to build Tiangong, the country's new space station. The astronauts are being sent for a three-month stay aboard the core module, to see how the men handle their relatively long time in orbit.
UPDATED ON JUN 16, 2021 04:17 PM IST
- On Monday, the US Embassy to Port of Spain said on Twitter that its Covid-19 vaccines donation to Trinidad and Tobago includes 80 vials of Pfizer shots.
PTI | , Beijing
PUBLISHED ON JUN 16, 2021 01:29 PM IST
Radiation rose inside the No 1 reactor of the Taishan Nuclear Power Plant in Guangdong province but was contained by barriers that functioned as planned, the Ministry of Ecology and Environment said on its social media account.
By Sutirtho Patranobis, Beijing
UPDATED ON JUN 16, 2021 12:18 AM IST
New Delhi has repeatedly dismissed Beijing’s attempts to blame India for the ongoing border tension in eastern Ladakh, saying China’s People’s Liberation Army’s (PLA) troops illegally trespassed across the Line of Actual Control (LAC) last year in May.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 15, 2021 08:22 PM IST
- According to Taiwan’s ministry of defence, the Chinese incursion involved 14 J-16 and six J-11 fighters, as well as four H-6 bombers.
Reuters | , Brussels
PUBLISHED ON JUN 15, 2021 06:58 PM IST
"We are strong economic competitors, without any questions, and for that we need tools," the head of the EU's executive told a news conference after talks with US President Joe Biden.
Reuters | , Beijing
PUBLISHED ON JUN 15, 2021 03:06 PM IST
NATO leaders on Monday had taken a forceful stance towards Beijing in a communique at United States President Joe Biden's first summit with the alliance.
Agencies | , Brussels
PUBLISHED ON JUN 15, 2021 03:05 AM IST
- While the 30 heads of state and government avoided calling China a rival, they expressed concern about what they said were its “coercive policies”, the opaque ways it is modernising its armed forces and its use of disinformation.
Reuters | , Brussels
PUBLISHED ON JUN 14, 2021 10:31 PM IST
Joe Biden has urged his fellow NATO leaders to stand up to China's authoritarianism and growing military might, a change of focus for an alliance created to defend Europe from the Soviet Union during the Cold War.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 14, 2021 12:26 PM IST
PUBLISHED ON JUN 14, 2021 10:57 AM IST
PUBLISHED ON JUN 14, 2021 10:50 AM IST
The G7 nations also called out the repression of pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong, with US president Joe Biden even asking Beijing to "start acting more responsibly in terms of international norms on human rights".
Agencies | , London
PUBLISHED ON JUN 14, 2021 02:32 AM IST
- “The days when global decisions were dictated by a small group of countries are long gone,” a spokesman for the Chinese embassy in London reportedly said.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 13, 2021 09:06 PM IST
- The G7 nations have called on China to respect human rights in the Xinjiang region and a higher degree of autonomy in Hong Kong, a former British colony.
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Kunal Gaurav, Hindustan Times, New Delhi, Covid
PUBLISHED ON JUN 13, 2021 06:08 PM IST
- G7 countries repeated the demand earlier made by the United States for the second phase of the investigation into Covid-19 origins, to be convened by the WHO.
UPDATED ON JUN 13, 2021 05:42 PM IST
From England delaying reopening to Chicago fully reopening, California remaining under a state of emergency, Paris lifting the curfew for the French Open fans and Switzerland planning to reopen its borders for overseas visitors who have received a Covid-19 vaccine, catch all the travel updates here
PUBLISHED ON JUN 13, 2021 04:23 PM IST
- The issue of China’s economic assertiveness and political belligerence also dominated a brief conversation between Trudeau and Biden on the sidelines of the G7 summit.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 13, 2021 02:51 PM IST
- Industrial accidents are common in China due to weak safety standards and corruption among officials tasked with enforcing them.
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JUN 13, 2021 10:37 AM IST
More than 100 countries have signed agreements with China to cooperate in Belt and Road (BRI) projects like railways, ports, highways and other infrastructure. The G7 proposed Build Back Better World (B3W) initiative.
UPDATED ON JUN 13, 2021 12:34 PM IST
To actually see Luo Tianyi, one of China’s rising superstars, some 150 million tuned in to the New Years’ Day live stream on their TVs and mobile devices. The teen singer is a vocaloid, the first Mandarin-speaking, computer-generated, voice-synthesized pop star.