UPDATED ON MAY 11, 2021 01:06 PM IST
While Taiwan, Malaysia and India tighten travel curbs amid Covid-19, Germany and Bali are hopeful of a 'good summer' as they plan to reopen to foreign travellers after the ongoing coronavirus vaccination drives
PUBLISHED ON MAY 11, 2021 08:53 AM IST
Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
UPDATED ON MAY 10, 2021 02:38 PM IST
- Reetinder Sodhi remarked that Kohli and the selectors, after the Australia tour, have started giving more weightage to bowlers who possess potent batting abilities.
By Rezaul H Laskar, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
UPDATED ON MAY 10, 2021 06:13 AM IST
In a joint statement issued by Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, Saudi crown prince welcomed talks to resolve all outstanding issues bewteen India and Pakistan.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 09, 2021 03:11 PM IST
Paul Pickering says he wants to come to India to "write a novel based on the story of my wife's great aunt, a post-colonial story".
PUBLISHED ON MAY 08, 2021 03:29 PM IST
In the video, shot on the sets of her The Drew Barrymore Show that airs on Zee Cafe in India, the actor highlighted how a small contribution could go a long way in helping those in need.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 08, 2021 11:32 AM IST
This week, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala, Rajasthan and Bihar joined the list of states which have imposed lockdowns amid a surge in their daily cases. Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Rajasthan and Bihar are observing complete lockdown while Karnataka has been placed under lockdown-like restrictions for 14 days.
UPDATED ON MAY 08, 2021 09:35 AM IST
India is the third country after the United States (US) and Brazil to have recorded over 4,000 deaths in a single day. According to worldometers.info, the United States had recorded the highest single-day deaths due to Covid-19 at 4,490 on January 12.
Reuters | , London
PUBLISHED ON MAY 07, 2021 05:54 PM IST
The original India variant, B.1.617, was first detected in October, but Public Health England (PHE) has categorised three different subtypes, all with slightly different mutations.
PTI | , United Nations
PUBLISHED ON MAY 07, 2021 10:04 AM IST
UNICEF Regional Director for South Asia George Laryea-Adjei had said in a statement that urgent action and steadfast leadership are indispensable to stop the catastrophe.
Livemint | By Elizabeth Roche, New Delhi
UPDATED ON MAY 07, 2021 06:22 AM IST
While the emphasis was on bilateral ties, there was also a subtle reference to a more robust cooperation between the two sides in view of the rise of an unpredictable China.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 06, 2021 09:00 PM IST
India is currently in the third phase of the nationwide vaccination drive where beneficiaries in the age group of 18-45 are also being inoculated. As of Thursday morning, more than 162.5 million doses have been administered.
UPDATED ON MAY 07, 2021 02:03 AM IST
The three countries pledged to work together to achieve a free, open, inclusive and rules-based Indo-Pacific, and to support freedom of navigation, peaceful resolution of disputes, democratic values, and respect for sovereignty and territorial integrity.
By Vir Sanghvi
UPDATED ON MAY 06, 2021 01:21 PM IST
- In this week's The Taste, Vir Sanghvi writes, "Such is the despondency over our politicians that many people are now actively considering emigrating to other countries"
UPDATED ON MAY 06, 2021 12:45 PM IST
The Civil Aviation Authority on Thursday said that travellers from India will not be allowed to disembark in Sri Lanka. The decision has been taken as the coronavirus continues to spread rapidly in India.
UPDATED ON MAY 05, 2021 02:59 PM IST
An air-travel corridor with Hong Kong under question after Singapore imposes a three-week lockdown, including limiting social gatherings to no more than five people and tightening border curbs, to stem the spread of a new variant first identified in India
PUBLISHED ON MAY 05, 2021 08:28 AM IST
- Raveena Tandon said that the British owed India an ‘apology’ for the damaging effect on its economy. She was replying to a tweet that India had a flourishing economy before British colonisation.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 04, 2021 09:45 PM IST
- These medical oxygen plants are designed for a flow rate of 1,000 litres per minute to tackle the surge in coronavirus disease (Covid-19) cases and subsequent oxygen shortages.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 04, 2021 07:18 PM IST
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that they discussed ongoing cooperation on the Covid-19 pandemic and reiterated commitment to ambitious climate action to meet Paris goals in the run-up to COP26.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 04, 2021 04:51 PM IST
- US President Joe Biden signed a proclamation last week restricting travel from India, with some exceptions, after the US CDC updated India’s Covid-19 assessment from Level 3 to Level 4.
By Zarafshan Shiraz
UPDATED ON MAY 04, 2021 03:58 PM IST
- Bipasha Basu creates awareness on how to ‘be prepared and ready’ before taking the Covid-19 vaccine, shares the guidelines with 3 simple steps
By Zarafshan Shiraz
UPDATED ON MAY 04, 2021 01:38 PM IST
- As Covid-19 patients across the country face acute oxygen shortage, Dill Mill Gayye’s Dr Siddhant Modi aka actor Karan Wahi shares highly useful information on ‘how to get your oxygen levels up’ in case of no access to oxygen cylinders when SpO2 level drops below 94
PUBLISHED ON MAY 03, 2021 06:20 PM IST
India has till now recorded nearly 20 million Covid-19 disease cases and 218,959 related deaths as it is currently facing a deadlier wave of the pandemic. The daily tally reached the peak at 401,993 cases on Saturday. However, on Sunday, the country saw a marginal dip in daily cases at 392,488 and on Monday it further went down to 368,147.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 02, 2021 08:23 PM IST
- UK foreign secretary said that Britain has provided oxygen concentrators, ventilators, and it will be sending another package of a “thousand ventilators very shortly.”
PUBLISHED ON APR 30, 2021 05:43 PM IST
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi urged the ministers to help people of their respective regions and keep getting their feedback, according to the ministry of information and broadcasting.
By Zarafshan Shiraz
UPDATED ON APR 29, 2021 06:06 PM IST
- Learning and appreciating the art form of classical dance on International Dance Day, Sushmita Sen pays respect to her ‘guru teacher’ Pritam Shikhare with an heartwarming note and video | Watch
UPDATED ON APR 29, 2021 02:04 PM IST
Airlines and the hubs that Lufthansa and London’s Heathrow airport serve are wrestling with an uncertain outlook as governments work toward reopening travel while coronavirus surges in countries such as India and Europe witnesses sluggish vaccine rollout
PUBLISHED ON APR 28, 2021 08:49 PM IST
- In February, the World Health Organization estimated that half a million people needed 1.2 million oxygen canisters a day.
PUBLISHED ON APR 28, 2021 07:15 PM IST
- India has recorded 3,60,960 new Covid-19 cases and 3,293 related deaths in the last 24 hours, according to the ministry of health and family welfare.
PUBLISHED ON APR 28, 2021 05:28 PM IST
India's gigantic IT and call centre service industry employs more than 4.5 million people directly and relies substantially on thousands of graduates under the age of 30.