Shammi Kapoor had once revealed Nargis spoke to him about Awaara and promised to kiss him if she bagged the film. The film also starred Raj Kapoor in the lead.
Published on Nov 28, 2021 03:30 PM IST
Shammi Kapoor and Ashok Kumar had once starred in an ad for a tobacco brand. While the ad became so popular that fans began singing the jingle when they would notice Shammi, his brother Raj Kapoor was left upset.
Updated on Oct 16, 2021 10:14 AM IST
An old video of late actor-filmmaker Raj Kapoor's birthday party shows how his family and friends from Bollywood greeted him with love and kisses.
Published on Oct 15, 2021 10:55 AM IST
- Prem Chopra recalled how he wasn't sure about appearing in Raj Kapoor's Bobby, and wasn't pleased with the character he was playing.
Published on Sep 23, 2021 12:48 PM IST
- Rishi Kapoor once said that his father Raj Kapoor made it clear that he wasn't his secretary, and that he would be responsible for his own career.
Published on Sep 04, 2021 07:04 AM IST
- Randhir Kapoor has opened up about his late brother Rajiv Kapoor. The actor spoke about the probable cause behind Rajiv's less than successful career and his decision to not remarry.
Published on Aug 26, 2021 01:49 PM IST
- Raj Kapoor's passion project Mera Naam Joker failed at the box office. The debacle led to the filmmaker being written-off by the industry.
Published on Aug 11, 2021 01:00 PM IST
- Raj Kapoor was ordained with the Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 1988. However, he was so ill that he could not have made his way up to the stage.
Published on Aug 09, 2021 12:20 PM IST
- Raj Kapoor wanted Lata Mangeshkar to star in 1978's Satyam Shivam Sundaram, but for reasons that upset the singer.
Published on Jul 30, 2021 02:25 PM IST
- Rishi Kapoor had once recalled an incident when he was shouted at by Raj Kapoor after he was unable to give an intense expression like that of Dilip Kumar.
Published on Jul 10, 2021 10:47 AM IST
- Dilip Kumar had visited Raj Kapoor when he was in a coma in a hospital. Rishi Kapoor had described the meeting in a note in Dilip’s autobiography.
Published on Jul 09, 2021 04:31 PM IST
On Raj Kapoor's 33rd death anniversary, his family members including Neetu Kapoor and his many fans recalled the legendary filmmaker.
Published on Jun 02, 2021 06:13 PM IST
- On late actor Nargis' 92nd birthday, here's a fresh look at her romance and eventual marriage with Sunil Dutt.
Published on Jun 01, 2021 07:32 AM IST
- Karisma Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor Khan shared a throwback picture of their grandparents--Raj Kapoor and Krishna Kapoor. See here.
Published on May 22, 2021 08:15 PM IST
Raj Kapoor's ancestral home, known as Kapoor Haveli, is situated in the Qissa Khwani Bazar area in Peshawar. Dilip Kumar's over a 100-year-old ancestral house is also located in the same locality.
Published on May 07, 2021 01:15 PM IST
- With a ban on Holi parties in Mumbai, here's a look at some of the most memorable Holi parties Bollywood has hosted through the years.
Published on Mar 28, 2021 04:10 PM IST
- Padmini Kolhapure has said that even after she turned down the opportunity to star in Raj Kapoor's Ram Teri Ganga Maili because she had apprehensions about shooting a kissing scene, he was willing to replace Mandakini and bring her back.
Updated on Mar 29, 2021 12:23 PM IST
- Shashi Kapoor, who died in 2017, would have turned 83 on Thursday had he been alive. On his birth anniversary, actors fondly remember him. See here.
Published on Mar 18, 2021 03:02 PM IST
- In a 2016 interview, Rajiv Kapoor had spoken about why his career never took off, like those of his illustrious family members.
Published on Feb 09, 2021 04:56 PM IST
- Raj Kapoor's youngest son, Rajiv Kapoor, breathed his last on Tuesday. He reportedly died after suffering a cardiac arrest.
Published on Feb 09, 2021 03:01 PM IST
- Members of the film industry paid tribute to Rajiv Kapoor, who died on Tuesday at the age of 58.
Updated on Feb 09, 2021 03:15 PM IST
Actor Rajiv Kapoor, the son of late actor Raj Kapoor, has died at 58. He suffered a heart attack on Tuesday morning.
Updated on Feb 09, 2021 02:15 PM IST
Raj Kapoor’s 96th birth anniversary: Kareena Kapoor, Karisma, Riddhima share childhood pics, Neetu shares pic from wedding
Actors Kareena Kapoor, Karisma Kapoor, Neetu Kapoor, Dharmendra and Shatrughan Sinha remembered showman Raj Kapoor on his 96th birth anniversary. Here’s what they wrote about him.
Updated on Dec 14, 2020 02:38 PM IST
Happy birthday Zeenat Aman: When the actor said that she was clueless about Dev Anand’s feelings for her
Happy birthday Zeenat Aman: Dev Anand, in his autobiography, had written in great detail about his feelings for Hare Rama Hare Krishna actor. Here’s an account of how she felt about it.
Updated on Nov 19, 2020 06:47 AM IST
The ancestral homes of Golden Age heroes Raj Kapoor and Dilip Kumar in the northwestern city are symbols of its link to the world’s largest film industry, but have suffered from decades of neglect.
Updated on Nov 14, 2020 06:51 AM IST
Islamabad |Agence France-Presse | Posted by Shankhyaneel Sarkar
Hema Malini shares throwback pic dressed as a goddess as 14-year old: ‘Wanted to add it in my biography, couldn’t find the image then’
Hema Malini shared a throwback picture from her childhood, when she was barely 14 or 15 years old. She mentioned how she wanted to include this one in her biography but could not find it then.
Updated on Nov 08, 2020 04:04 PM IST
Kareena Kapoor, aunt Neetu fondly recall late Ritu Nanda on her 72nd birth anniversary, share throwback pics
Kareena Kapoor and Neetu Kapoor fondly remembered Raj Kapoor’s late daughter Ritu Nanda on the occasion of her 72nd birth anniversary. She died earlier this year after a long battle with cancer.
Updated on Oct 30, 2020 01:15 PM IST
Hindustan Times |HT Entertainment Desk
On Ashok Kumar’s 109th birth anniversary, here’s recalling an incident when he had upstaged Raj Kapoor at his wedding to Krishna Malhotra.
Updated on Oct 13, 2020 06:35 AM IST
Randhir Kapoor confirms plans to revive RK Films in a few months, reveals he will direct a love story under the banner
Randhir Kapoor, who took over RK Films after the death of Raj Kapoor, confirmed that the banner will be revived in the coming months. He revealed that he will be making a romantic film under the banner.
Updated on Oct 11, 2020 02:38 PM IST
Hindustan Times, New Delhi |HT Entertainment Desk
Dilip Kumar’s wife Saira Banu hails Pak government’s efforts to conserve his ancestral home: ‘I wish them success’
Saira Banu has offered her support to the provincial government in Pakistan’s Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, which will purchase the ancestral home of Dilip Kumar, for conservation.
Updated on Sep 28, 2020 06:26 PM IST
Hindustan Times | HT Entertainment Desk