- The decision by the Union cabinet will cost the exchequer ₹9,488.7 crore a year, Union minister Anurag Singh Thakur said.
Published on Oct 22, 2021 01:53 AM IST
- The Centre earlier in July hiked the dearness allowance for its employees
Published on Oct 21, 2021 03:11 PM IST
Written by Shankhyaneel Sarkar | Edited by Poulomi Ghosh, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
With this, the overall DA rate for people employed under the state government has risen to 28%.
Published on Sep 07, 2021 08:07 AM IST
By hindustantimes.com, New Delhi
- Earlier this month, the Uttar Pradesh government had increased the dearness allowance from 17 to 28 per cent.
Published on Aug 25, 2021 10:42 AM IST
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Ayshee Bhaduri | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
Uttar Pradesh government's decision comes weeks after the Nitish Kumar government announced an 11 per cent hike in DA for its employees and relief measures for pensioners. The Himachal Pradesh government too the DA by six per cent.
Published on Aug 19, 2021 05:39 PM IST
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Amit Chaturvedi, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
Karnataka also announced enhancing the rates of dearness allowance from the existing 11.25 per cent to 21.50 per cent of the basic pension or family pension from July 1, 2021.
Published on Jul 27, 2021 06:25 AM IST
Written by Meenakshi Ray, New Delhi
For Armed Forces personnel and Railways employees, separate orders regarding 28% DA will be issued by the respective ministries, the finance ministry said.
Published on Jul 21, 2021 08:00 AM IST
As the government has clarified, central government employees will get no arrear for the period between January 2020 and June 2021.
Updated on Jul 15, 2021 06:04 AM IST
Dearness allowances for central government employees have also been increased from 17% to 28%. The much-awaited announcement came as a major relief to lakhs of central government employees and pensioners after DA and DR were put on hold last year in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Published on Jul 15, 2021 05:48 AM IST
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Joydeep Bose
- The government said this was because the pandemic had put central government finances under stress.
Published on Jul 15, 2021 01:44 AM IST
By Asit Ranjan Mishra, New Delhi
- The government approved the continuation of the Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS) for the development of infrastructure facilities for the judiciary for another five years.
Published on Jul 14, 2021 05:15 PM IST
- 7th Pay Commission: The much-awaited announcement comes as a major relief for lakhs of central government employees and pensioners after DA and DR hikes were put on hold last year in the wake of the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) pandemic.
Published on Jul 14, 2021 03:54 PM IST
7th pay commission: Central government employees are waiting for two announcements -- DA hike and the month from when all the four DA dues will be paid to them.
Published on Jul 14, 2021 01:57 PM IST
The dearness allowance benefits of the central government employees and the additional installment of the dearness relief benefits for central government pensioners were withheld by the finance ministry last year in January in view of the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) situation in the country.
Published on Jul 07, 2021 05:43 AM IST
By hindustantimes.com, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
7th pay commission latest update: Once the DA and DR are restored, the finance ministry will send the proposal of the salary hike to the Cabinet. Post the approval, the benefits will resume.
Published on Jul 01, 2021 09:23 AM IST
The finance ministry in April last year put on hold the increment in dearness allowance for central government employees and pensioners till June 30, 2021, due to the pandemic.
Published on Jun 27, 2021 05:35 AM IST
- "It is a crime to loot ₹37,500 crore from soldiers, government employees and pensioners," said Rahul Gandhi
Published on Jun 26, 2021 10:24 PM IST
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Ayshee Bhaduri, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
Dearness allowance is paid by the government to its employees as well as pensioners as the cost-of-living allowance to cushion them from rising prices.
Published on Jun 26, 2021 10:33 AM IST
- The participants of the meeting will include the finance ministry, National Council of Joint Consultative Machinery (JCM) and the Department of Personnel and Training (DOPT). The final decision on the DA will be taken during the meeting.
Published on Jun 24, 2021 06:35 AM IST
- The employees will be getting their DA arrears for the period between January 1, 2020, to January 1, 2021, in three instalments based on calculation according to the 7th pay commission.
Published on Jun 23, 2021 11:14 AM IST
- The new rates will be effective from April 1 this year, which means all such workers will get arrears.
Published on Jun 19, 2021 05:17 AM IST
By HT Correspondent, New Delhi
In a written reply in the Rajya Sabha, the minister said that the government saved more than ₹37,430.08 crore from freezing these three hikes of DA.
Updated on Mar 09, 2021 08:53 PM IST
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Poulomi Ghosh
The Centre has not withdrawn its earlier order of DA hike suspension. Government employees and pensioners will continue to get their DA at 17 per cent rate of their basic pay, or pension, instead of 21 per cent.
Updated on Sep 30, 2020 09:27 PM IST
Hindustan Times, New Delhi | By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Poulomi Ghosh
Last week, Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman had announced the reduction of statutory provident fund contribution by both employers and employees for the next three months to 10 per cent of basic wages from 12 per cent.
Published on May 19, 2020 10:16 PM IST
New Delhi | By Press Trust of India
Not necessary at this stage to impose hardships on govt servants: Manmohan Singh on dearness allowance freeze
“We should be on the side of people whose dearness allowance is being cut,” Singh said.
Updated on Apr 25, 2020 01:56 PM IST
DA and DR will be restored prospectively after June 30, 2021, but no arrears for the period from January 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021 shall be paid, the order said.
Updated on Apr 23, 2020 05:19 PM IST
Hindustan Times, New Delhi | By Rajeev Jayaswal
The political leadership has already taken a 30 per cent pay cut to give a message to conserve funds during Covid-19 crisis.
Updated on Apr 23, 2020 02:47 PM IST
Another important rule to be kept in mind while calculating the dearness allowance is that the hike in DA is not infinite and is capped at 50% of an employee is basic salary.
Updated on Mar 13, 2020 11:55 PM IST
Hindustan Times, New Delhi | By HT Correspondent
PM Modi’s government had implemented the 7th Pay Commission in January 2016. The salaries were then hiked and now with an increase in dearness allowance the move is likely to benefit employees, the minister said.
Updated on Mar 13, 2020 11:38 PM IST
Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar said the Cabinet had approved 4 per cent hike in DA to 21 pc for 48 lakh govt employees and 65 lakh pensioners.
Updated on Mar 13, 2020 11:13 PM IST