Latest from epfo
Failure to comply with the deadline may create inconvenience for the defaulters.
Published on Dec 24, 2021 07:11 AM IST
Account holders are eligible for assured life insurance benefits, without having to pay any premium.
Published on Dec 05, 2021 03:37 PM IST
The EPFO took the decision at the 229th meeting of its top decision-making body, the Central Board of Trustees (CBT), headed by Union labour minister Bhupender Yadav.
Published on Nov 21, 2021 07:34 AM IST
The EPFO Central Board of Trustees is a statutory body constituted by the government under provisions of Section 5A of the Employees’ Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952.
Published on Nov 20, 2021 01:34 PM IST
- UPSC EPFO results 2021: The Union Public Service Commission on Friday, October 8 declared the results of the written test for the posts of Enforcement Officer - Accounts Officer, EPFO.
Published on Oct 08, 2021 06:40 PM IST
LWE-affected areas and industries such as construction and plantation also have time till the end of the year to comply with mandatory seeding.
Updated on Sep 14, 2021 10:55 AM IST
The EPFO’s central board has approved the interest rate. The retirement fund manager has sought the finance ministry’s nod and is expected to get a go-ahead soon, said one of the two officials mentioned above.
Published on Sep 06, 2021 03:52 AM IST
Livemint | , New DelhiPrashant K Nanda
- The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will conduct a recruitment test on September 5 for the selection of Enforcement Officer or Accounts Officer in the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO), Ministry of Labour and Employment.
Published on Aug 30, 2021 10:14 AM IST
- Of the new payroll additions or EPF subscribers added in June, 450,000 were in the 18-25 age group, followed by 139,478 in the 35-plus age group, showed EPF data.
Published on Aug 21, 2021 12:24 AM IST
, Hindustan Times, New DelhiPrashant K Nanda
- In the 18-25 age group, almost 59% of net payroll additions in May came from expert services. Of the net addition of 345,000 new hires across 10 top industry segments, the category contributed over 200,000, with the rest spread across the other nine sectors.
Published on Jul 28, 2021 02:53 AM IST
, New DelhiPrashant K Nanda
PF subscribers can check their balance through four different ways. SMS, UMANG app, missed call and EPFO website.
Published on Jul 26, 2021 02:41 PM IST
hindustantimes.com | Written by Karan Manral, New Delhi
The EPFO recently allowed its members to avail second non-refundable Covid-19 advance. This was done to meet the financial need of members during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Published on Jul 12, 2021 10:40 AM IST
hindustantimes.com | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- An InvIT is an alternative investment fund (AIF) that works like mutual funds and is overseen by market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi).
Updated on Jul 12, 2021 04:56 AM IST
, New DelhiPrashant K Nanda
- The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) permitted this facility, citing that in life-threatening diseases, most of the times, a patient has to be hospitalised on a priority and getting an estimate from the hospital becomes difficult in such situations.
Updated on Jul 08, 2021 01:24 PM IST
hindustantimes.com | Written by Sharangee Dutta | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- The aim behind the move is to ensure that employees do not end up withdrawing their savings from the pension fund while withdrawing from the provident fund.
Published on Jun 23, 2021 06:39 PM IST
hindustantimes.com | Written by Shankhyaneel Sarkar | Edited by Avik Roy, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
The Ministry of Labour and Employment in a release said that despite the second wave of COVID-19 pandemic, April 2021 registered an increase of 13.73 percent net subscribers addition as compared to the previous month.
Published on Jun 20, 2021 10:21 PM IST
ANI | , New Delhi
In a gazette notification, the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) said the minimum death insurance has been increased to ₹2.5 lakh and the maximum to ₹7 lakh, from the earlier limits of ₹2 lakh and ₹6 lakh, respectively.
Published on Apr 30, 2021 11:39 PM IST
, New DelhiPrashant K. Nanda
- Here’s how you can calculate the EPF interest
Published on Mar 04, 2021 07:22 PM IST
- In March 2020, EPFO had reduced the interest rate on provident fund deposits to a seven-year low of 8.5% for 2019-20. The interest rate was 8.65% in 2018-19 and 8.55% for 2017-18. The interest rate was 8.65% in 2016-17.
Updated on Mar 04, 2021 09:26 AM IST
Nearly 53.70 lakh subscribers were added in the first three quarters of the current financial year (April-December, 2020), despite the ongoing virus pandemic, a release issued by the ministry said.
Updated on Feb 20, 2021 09:49 PM IST
hindustantimes.com | Written by Harshit Sabarwal, New Delhi
An SC bench, headed by Justice Uday U Lalit, allowed the review petitions filed by the Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) and decided to reconsider the previous order that permitted grant of Provident Fund pension proportionate to the salary.
Updated on Feb 02, 2021 06:06 AM IST
Utkarsh Anand, New Delhi
The three-member bench considering the review petition is headed by Justice UU Lalit.
Updated on Jan 18, 2021 07:40 PM IST
“It (8.5 per cent interest) would comprise 8.15 per cent from debt income and balance 0.35 per cent (capital gain) from the sale of ETFs (exchange traded funds) subject to their redemption by 31st December, 2020,” he said.
Updated on Dec 31, 2020 05:53 PM IST
New Delhi |Press Trust of India | Posted by Shankhyaneel Sarkar
Speaking at Assocham Foundation Week programme, Labour Minister Santosh Gangwar said EPFO has settled 52 lakh Covid-19 withdrawal claims and disbursed Rs 13,300 crore to subscribers during the pandemic.
Published on Dec 16, 2020 02:43 PM IST
New Delhi |Press Trust of India | Posted by Srivatsan K C
Earlier in September this year, the Employees Provident Fund Organisation had decided to split 8.5 per cent interest into two installments of 8.15 per cent and 0.35 per cent in its trustees meet headed by Labour Minister Santosh Gangwar.
Published on Dec 13, 2020 11:30 AM IST
New Delhi |Press Trust of India| Posted by Mallika Soni
“In view of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and the vulnerability of elderly population to the virus, EPFO has extended the time limit up to 28th February 2021 for submission of Life Certificate (Jeevan Pramaan Patra-JPP) in respect of the Pensioners drawing pension under EPS 1995 and whose Life certificate is due in any month till February 28, 2021,” the ministry said in a press release.
Updated on Nov 28, 2020 05:50 PM IST
Hindustan Times, New Delhi |hindustantimes.com| Edited by: Harshit Sabarwal
Contributing establishments with retirement fund manager EPFO dwindled to 504,044 in October from 534,869 in September, as per official data.
Updated on Nov 18, 2020 04:54 AM IST
Livemint, New Delhi |Prashant K Nanda
The alleged forgery came to light when the accused applied for changing his permanent address, stating that he is a resident of Mathura and does not hail from Sawai Madhopur, Rajasthan.
Published on Nov 02, 2020 03:44 PM IST
Hindustan Times, Lucknow | HT Correspondent
After a significant reduction in remittances due to the lockdown in April, it improved in June and July, and the numbers in September have crossed the pre-pandemic level in February
Published on Oct 28, 2020 10:27 AM IST
Mumbai |Press Trust of India | Posted by Prashasti Singh
In his letter to MoS (Labour) Santosh Gangwar, Viswam urged the minister to raise minimum pension, computation cap on pension
Updated on Oct 23, 2020 02:41 PM IST
Hindustan Times, New Delhi |hindustantimes.com | Edited by Karan Manral