Latest from florida
An undisclosed number of passengers and crew aboard the Carnival Freedom cruise caught the virus so the ship was denied entry to Bonaire and Aruba, Carnival said in a statement.
Published on Dec 25, 2021 12:23 AM IST
AP | , Miami
“A resident at Marilyn Pines calls this afternoon because he’s got a snake in his condo and it’s hiding in his couch,” reads a part of the post shared on Facebook.
Published on Dec 07, 2021 11:54 AM IST
The video shared by MyFWC Florida Fish and Wildlife, shows a bear had a container around its neck for over 28 days. It was removed and the bear was released back into the wild.
Published on Nov 19, 2021 02:28 PM IST
Crew 3 will be welcomed aboard the space station by its three current occupants - two cosmonauts from Russia and Belarus and a US astronaut who shared a Soyuz flight to the orbiting platform earlier this year.
Published on Nov 11, 2021 05:14 AM IST
The SpaceX Inspiration4 mission is being watched with great interest across the world since it is the world's first all-civilian mission, a venture that could pave the way for space tourism.
Updated on Sep 16, 2021 05:33 AM IST
Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said the unidentified suspect was dressed in full body armour — including a bulletproof vest — when he was found outside a Lakeland home that had been booby-trapped.
Published on Sep 05, 2021 11:00 PM IST
PTI | , Florida
People aged 65 and above accounted for 63% of the Covid-19 deaths in Florida. Cumulatively, over the entire period of the pandemic, Florida seniors have made up 79% of deaths.
Published on Sep 04, 2021 09:31 AM IST
Written by Joydeep Bose | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
Kentucky and Texas have also joined the list of states where intensive care units (ICUs) are overflowing with patients extremely ill with the coronavirus, while top health officials in New Mexico warned on Wednesday that the state is about a week away from rationing health care.
Published on Aug 27, 2021 08:22 AM IST
Written by Joydeep Bose | Edited by Meenakshi Ray, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- Florida's tourism marketing firm, Visit Florida, reveals that about 30.6 million domestic visitors came to the US state from April through June of this year, a 216% jump from the same time last year during the height of Covid-19 pandemic closures
Updated on Aug 20, 2021 08:13 AM IST
AP | , Orlando, Fla.
“Wow, they look so beautiful,” wrote a Facebook user while reacting to the video.
Published on Aug 19, 2021 05:04 PM IST
The system was dropping heavy rain over parts of Cuba in the early morning hours and was on a forecast track that would carry it toward South Florida by Saturday, the US National Weather Service said.
Published on Aug 13, 2021 12:03 PM IST
The previous record was from July 23, 2020, more than a half-year before vaccinations started becoming widespread, when Florida had 10,170 hospitalizations, according to the Florida Hospital Association.
Published on Aug 02, 2021 09:41 AM IST
AP | , Orlando
- Health officials on Friday announced that coronavirus cases in Florida had jumped 50% over the past week with Covid-19 hospitalizations in the state nearing last year’s peak.
Updated on Aug 01, 2021 03:33 AM IST
AP | | Posted by Ayshee Bhaduri, Orlando
- Although forensic scientists are still at work, including examining the debris at the warehouse, there are no more bodies to be found where the building once stood.
Published on Jul 24, 2021 01:20 AM IST
- The unidentified suspect entered the store, filled a bag with candles and then started spraying people with mace.
Published on Jul 18, 2021 10:45 PM IST
No survivors have been pulled alive from the ruins since the first few hours after the tower partially caved in on itself early on June 24.
Published on Jul 10, 2021 08:00 PM IST
Reuters | , Washington
- Elsa is now tracking off the Florida west coast where it is expected to make landfall on Wednesday morning with threats of storm surge flooding, strong winds, heavy rain and isolated tornadoes.
Published on Jul 07, 2021 04:17 PM IST
hindustantimes.com, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
Hurricane Elsa is headed toward Florida's northern Gulf Coast packing wind speeds of up to 75 mph (121 kmph), news agencies reported, citing the National Weather Service.
Published on Jul 07, 2021 06:24 AM IST
In addition to damaging winds and heavy rains, the Miami-based US National Hurricane Center warned of life-threatening storm surges, flooding and isolated tornadoes.
Published on Jul 06, 2021 08:38 PM IST
AP | , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Lightning forced rescuers to pause their work for two hours early Tuesday, Miami-Dade Assistant Fire Chief Raide Jadallah said.
Published on Jul 06, 2021 08:31 PM IST
AP | , Surfside, Florida
“When a Gator shows up to your church but isn’t ready to accept the Lord,” reads the caption shared alongside the post.
Published on Jul 06, 2021 08:29 AM IST
Three more victims were discovered, Miami-Dade Assistant Fire Chief Raide Jadallah told family members, raising the death toll to 27 people. More than 115 people remain unaccounted for.
Published on Jul 05, 2021 08:18 PM IST
AP | , Surfside, Florida
This is the former president's second "Save America" rally, the earlier being held in Ohio near the end of last month. There, Trump had dissed US president Joe Biden's performance as a "catastrophe" and criticised the current administration for the crime wave in major cities.
Published on Jul 04, 2021 08:23 AM IST
- Worries have intensified over the past week that the damaged condominium complex in Florida could come tumbling down on its own.
Published on Jul 03, 2021 08:40 PM IST
AP | , North Miami Beach, Florida
This rise in deaths came as Miami-Dade County Mayor Daniella Levine Cava news agency AFP on Friday that she signed an order which authorised the demolition of the portion of the building which is still standing.
Published on Jul 03, 2021 07:01 AM IST
hindustantimes.com | Written by Harshit Sabarwal | Edited by Meenakshi Ray, New Delhi
- The search and rescue operation has stretched into the eighth day after the 12-storey Champlain Towers South in Surfside, Florida, partially collapsed last week.
Published on Jul 01, 2021 11:06 PM IST
The video prompted people to share sweet comments.
Published on Jul 01, 2021 09:22 AM IST
- Miami-Dade Assistant Fire Chief Raide Jadallah said that in addition to those four bodies, crews also found other human remains.
Published on Jun 30, 2021 08:36 PM IST
AP | , Surfside, Florida
- At least 11 deaths have been confirmed and 150 are still unaccounted for in the condo collapse in South Florida and the search for survivors has stretched into a sixth day.
Published on Jun 29, 2021 10:08 PM IST
- Scores of rescue workers remained on the massive pile of rubble, working to find survivors among the more than 150 people who remain unaccounted for.
Published on Jun 27, 2021 09:40 PM IST