india vs new zealand]
PUBLISHED ON JUL 28, 2021 01:05 PM IST
- India contributed most of the audience with Star Sports and national broadcaster Doordarshan accounting for a whopping 94.6% consumption of the intensely contested match that saw New Zealand complete an eight-wicket win on the Reserve Day.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 02, 2021 09:22 AM IST
- "It was tough to see it. I think it is the flip side of having a room above the ground. They celebrated until 12," said R Ashwin about New Zealand's WTC final win.
UPDATED ON JUL 01, 2021 09:52 PM IST
In the latest video on his YouTube channel, the Ravichandran Ashwin admitted that things didn’t go India’s way despite giving their best shot.
UPDATED ON JUN 30, 2021 07:48 PM IST
Veteran New Zealand batsman Ross Taylor spoke about the winning moment and said he would never forget that.
UPDATED ON JUN 29, 2021 09:32 AM IST
New Zealand captain Kane Williamson said that both of them have known each other for a long time as called him as ‘a mate’.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 28, 2021 04:31 PM IST
Kane Williamson said that the early wickets Virat Kohli and Cheteshwar Pujara set up the chances of a result in the reserve day.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 26, 2021 11:21 AM IST
- Former India batsman Kirti Azad has ridiculed the notion that India lacked fire or killer instinct following their eight-wicket-defeat in the final of the World Test Championship.
UPDATED ON JUN 26, 2021 09:11 AM IST
- Former Australia batsman Michael Bevan has listed some of the reasons behind Team India's lacklustre performance against New Zealand at the Ageas Bowl.
By hindustantimes.com, New Zealand
UPDATED ON JUN 26, 2021 12:10 AM IST
New Zealand head coach Gary Stead said his team had hoped of batting a little longer in the first innings, keeping in mind the capabilities of Indian spin duo Ravichandran Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja.
UPDATED ON JUN 25, 2021 09:01 PM IST
Former selector Gagan Khoda said that Shubman Gill is a middle-order batsman and ‘not an opener’. He further stated that the team management could have considered the likes of Agarwal and Prithvi Shaw.
UPDATED ON JUN 25, 2021 11:07 AM IST
- Harbhajan Singh believes lack of match practice had plenty to do with India's performance in the WTC final.
PTI | , New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JUN 24, 2021 11:08 PM IST
The senior pacer sustained the injury while trying to stop a drive off his own bowling in the New Zealand second innings during the World Test Championship Final, which India lost by eight wickets.
UPDATED ON JUN 25, 2021 12:16 AM IST
- Terming New Zealand ‘the better team in the conditions,’ Ravi Shastri said ‘respect’ to the Kiwis for finally ending their drought for an ICC trophy.
UPDATED ON JUN 24, 2021 09:01 PM IST
Former cricketer Aakash Chopra expressed his disappointment over Pant’s approach in the situation when the team needed him quite desperately.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 24, 2021 01:24 PM IST
- Virat Kohli said the Indian team management might take a cue from the limited-overs sides and create enough backup and bench strength even in Test cricket, consisting of players with the right mindset.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 24, 2021 12:07 AM IST
- Virat Kohli said it was a ‘unanimous decision’ not to change the XI and it was done primarily because India did not have a seam-bowling all-rounder in their squad.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 23, 2021 04:04 PM IST
- WTC Final: According to former India Test batsman VVS Laxman, India lost the initiative on the fifth day despite being in a commanding position.
UPDATED ON JUN 23, 2021 03:20 PM IST
- Ishant picked up three wickets while Shami got four scalps as India dismissed New Zealand for 249 runs in their first innings.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 23, 2021 02:04 PM IST
- WTC Final: The decision to allocate an additional day was made prior to the start of the ICC World Test Championship, in 2018, and that was reiterated in the publication of the official playing conditions on 28 May this year," an ICC article on its website said.
UPDATED ON JUN 23, 2021 11:19 PM IST
India vs New Zealand, WTC Final Test highlights, Reserve Day: New Zealand beat India by 8 wickets to win the World Test Championship title.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 23, 2021 12:49 PM IST
Former Australian spinner Brad Hogg said heaped praise on the Indian captain, stating that Kohli made a huge statement by walking in to bat after the opener perished.
UPDATED ON JUN 23, 2021 11:54 AM IST
WTC Final: Irfan Pathan opined if India don’t lose many wickets in the opening hour on Wednesday, there will be a chance for Kohli & Co to dominate.
UPDATED ON JUN 23, 2021 12:35 PM IST
Batting legend Sunil Gavaskar wished ‘an exciting finish’ for the inaugural WTC Final, stating that India may look to put a competitive total and then aim at outfoxing New Zealand on the sixth day of the game.
UPDATED ON JUN 23, 2021 10:50 AM IST
VVS Laxman explained why Williamson was slower in the first session of play on Day 5 and how he was able to pick up the pace in the 2nd session.
UPDATED ON JUN 23, 2021 11:20 AM IST
IND vs NZ, World Test Championship Final: Let's have a look at today's latest weather updates from Day 6 of the WTC final at the Rose Bowl in Southampton.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 23, 2021 09:16 AM IST
A fan called out Bollywood actor Sonu Sood for help, requesting him to send the Kiwi skipper back to the pavilion.
UPDATED ON JUN 23, 2021 08:34 AM IST
WTC Final: Indian pacer Mohammed Shami said he was happy that he has been able to perform his duty in an effective manner
PUBLISHED ON JUN 23, 2021 07:30 AM IST
Former cricketer VVS Laxman recognised and applauded Indian captain Virat Kohli for making timely changes in the bowling attack.
UPDATED ON JUN 22, 2021 11:41 PM IST
India vs New Zealand, WTC Final Test Highlights, Day 5: Mohammed Shami and Ishant Sharma were the stars as India bowled out New Zealand for 249, conceding a lead of 32 runs. India lost Shubman Gill for eight. Eventually, Kohli (8*) and Pujara (12*) took India to 64/2 after 30 overs, meaning India lead by 32 runs by the end of the day's play.
UPDATED ON JUN 22, 2021 03:20 PM IST
Former Indian opener Aakash Chopra opined that pacer Bhuvneshwar Kumar could have played the out-and-out swing bowler’s role like Kiwi bowlers