Arishfa Khan, daughter of a stunt woman, shares journey of becoming an actor and how she played a married woman at 14
Television actor and TikTok star Arishfa Khan has opened up about her journey in the entertainment industry and how she was bitten by the acting bug at a very young age. She said that she would accompany her mother, who was a stunt woman in films, on the set and was fascinated by everything.
Arishfa was just seven years old when she landed her first role in a serial and other offers followed. She was overjoyed when she was offered a part in the popular show Uttaran and reminisced about the shooting experience. Her mother gave up her own job to be there for her.
“I remember, she’d drive me to work everyday and stay back on set till the shoot was over. She’d feed me food during the lunch breaks. She even gave up her career for me; I was too young to understand the sacrifices she’d made,” the actor told Humans of Bombay.
Arishfa got her first leading role in 2018, in the show Papa By Chance, which aired on Star Bharat. “In 2018, when I got my first lead show– mom hugged me and cried. People would say, ‘A stunt woman’s daughter has become a heroine,’ and it made mom swell with pride. There was no stopping after that– at 14, I even played a married woman. It was really hard for me to emote but I’d observe all the aunties and copy their style to make my character more believable!,” she said.
Arishfa had to quit her studies when she was young because she was busy with her acting projects. However, she is now returning to school. “Because of my hectic schedule, I had to quit school at an early age but during the lockdown, I’ve started taking online classes. At 17, I’m preparing for my 8th standard exams,” she said, crediting her mother for being her pillar of support.
Arishfa started her career as a child artiste in shows such as Chhal - Sheh Aur Maat, Ek Veer Ki Ardaas...Veera and Jeannie Aur Juju. She is also known for her viral videos on YouTube and TikTok.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rakhi Sawant took to Instagram to share a video of herself doing various household chores. She complained that Bigg Boss made her a 'grihani (housewife)'.
- Kavita Kaushik called out a man for sending her abusive messages on Instagram. As he apologised to her, she exposed the ‘reality of sher dil men of our country’.
- Rahul Vaidya confirms he will marry Disha Parmar soon in an intimate ceremony. He had proposed marriage to her on national TV last year on her birthday.
- Eijaz Khan gave his girlfriend Pavitra Punia a cute shout-out as she reached one million followers on Instagram. See their adorable pictures and video.
- Kapil Sharma had shared a video of his one-year-old daughter Anayra, dancing to a Honey Singh song, on his Instagram Stories.
- Satish Shah chose to wait in line for three hours in the scorching heat to get the Covid-19 vaccine. As he tweeted about not using the VIP entrance, fans flooded the internet with Maya Sarabhai jokes.
- Kishwer Merchant said that her pregnancy was not planned. She is currently expecting her first child with her husband Suyyash Rai.
- Jankee Parekh felt a number of emotions as she left newborn son Sufi at home for some time, while she visited the dentist. See their first photo here.
- An FIR was lodged against Rakhi Sawant, her brother Rakesh Sawant and a person named Raj Khatri. Rakhi's brother has now reacted to it.
- Rubina Dilaik was forced to sell her house after not receiving her salary for a television show, despite repeated reminders to her producers.