Bigg Boss Telugu 3: Nagarjuna turns host, 13 celebrities enter the house
The third season of Bigg Boss Telugu went on air on Sunday. The show, which was earlier hosted by Jr NTR and Nani in its first and second seasons, respectively, will now be hosted by Nagarjuna Akkineni.
After weeks of speculation about the probable contestants on the reality show, the final fifteen celebrities who entered the house are Vithika Sheru, Varun Sandesh, Sreemukhi, Mahesh Vitta, Ali Reza, Hema, Punarnavi Bhupalam, Baba Bhaskar, Rohini, Rahul Sipligunj, Himaja, Jaffar, Ashu Reddy, Ravi Krishna and Shiva Jyothi.
Vithika is a well-known actor who has predominantly worked in Telugu films. She made her acting debut in 2008 with Kannada film Anthu Inthu Preethi Banthu and went on to star in Telugu films such as Jhummandi Naadam, Prema Ishq Kadhal and Paddanandi Premalo Mari among others. She is married to actor Varun Sandesh, who is also part of the show this season.
A popular Telugu actor, Varun made his acting debut with Sekhar Kammula’s 2007 film Happy Days. The same year, he starred in Kurradu, the Telugu remake of Dhanush’s Tamil crime thriller Pollathavan. His other popular films include Maro Charitra, Yamaindi Ee Vela, Chammak Chalo and D For Dopidi among others.
Having started her career as an anchor on Telugu television, she made her acting debut with a small role in Allu Arjun’s Julayi. She’s worked in a few more films such as Nenu Sailaja, Savitri, Gentleman and Babu Baga Busy.
A small time actor, Mahesh rose to fame after he starred with Nani in Krishnarjuna Yuddham. Some of his other films include Nene Raju Nene Mantri, Chalo and Paper Boy. He has also starred in over 100 short films.
A model cum actor, Ali made his debut in a lead role with Telugu film Gayakudu and has also starred in films such as Dhruva, Naa Route Separate and Maate Mantramu. He has also worked in a Hindi film called Mukhbir.
Popular character artiste, Hema has worked in over 100 Telugu films over the years. Mostly seen in comic roles paired opposite well-known male comedians like Brahmanandam; Hema had once participated and lost in the Andhra Pradesh general elections from Mandapet in 2014. She made her acting debut with 1989 film Chinnari Sneham and went on to films like Boss, Annavaram, Blade Babji, Kandireega and Julayi.
The 23-year-old actor, who started her career in theatre at the age of 17, made her debut with 2013 film Uyyala Jampala and was later seen in the critically-acclaimed film Malli Malli Idhi Rani Roju.
A well-known choreographer, Baba Bhaskar made his directorial debut this year with GV Prakash Kumar’s Tamil film Kuppathu Raja. As dance master, he’s worked on several Telugu films over the years and has won several awards.
Television actor Rohini Noni was the 7th contestant to enter the house. She entered the house, grooving to one of Nagarjuna’s hit numbers.
Rahul, a popular Telugu folk singer, rose to stardom via his music videos which he started sharing in 2009. He has many songs to his credit. He has also crooned for Telugu films such as Josh, Eega, RX 100 and Maharshi to name a few.
Popular character artiste, Himaja made her debut with 2015 film Shivam. Since then, she’s starred in around a dozen films and some of them include Mahesh Babu’s Spyder and Ram Charan’s Vinaya Vidheya Rama.
A journalist by profession, Jaffar is popular for his no-nonsense interviews. His entry into the house was received with mixed response.
A character artiste, Ashu has starred in Telugu films such as Chal Mohan Ranga. She’s an Instagram sensation with over 470K followers.
Popular for his television avatar, Ravikrishna recently quit danced-based show Dance Jodi Dance to make himself available for Bigg Boss. On TV, he has played lead roles on shows like Bavamaradallu, That is Mahalakshmi and Sundarakanda.
Popularly known as ‘Teenmaar’ Savitri on TV, Jyoti was the first contestant to be introduced on Sunday. She became a household name with her show Teenmaar, in which she usually talks about the latest happenings in Telangana with her impeccable local accent.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rahul Vaidya wore a sweatshirt similar to one worn by Rubina Dilaik on Bigg Boss 14, as he took off on a romantic holiday with girlfriend Disha Parmar.
- Pavitra Punia had a quick response for the paparazzi, when they asked her why she wasn't accompanied by boyfriend Eijaz Khan at the airport.
- Sumona Chakravarti has made the maximum use of limited space in her new Mumbai house, designed in Scandinavian style. Watch a video here.
- Charu Asopa celebrated her birthday with husband Rajeev Sen. Check out pictures and video from the bash.
- Bigg Boss runner-up Rahul Vaidya's fiancee Disha Parmar has shared a video of herself wearing one of his sweatshirts. "I wear my boyfriend's clothes," she wrote in her post.
- Himanshi Khurana performed to Salaam, originally picturised on Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, in a new video. Watch it here.
- Check out the latest video from Bigg Boss 14 winner Rubina Dilaik in which she is seen dancing with her husband Abhinav Shukla, to a folk song.
- Rahul Vaidya and Disha Parmar left Mumbai for a quick getaway. While they did not disclose their destination, he shared a picture from their helicopter ride together.
- Rakhi Sawant's ailing mother has said that she is disappointed that Rakhi didn't win Bigg Boss 14, but would like to see her and her husband, Ritesh, participate in the next season of the show.
- Aly Goni took a video of Jasmin Bhasin doing her make-up for his birthday party on Thursday night. She responded by dropping heart-eyes emojis in the comments section.
- Nikki Tamboli opened up about steam-ironing her ex-boyfriend's boxers in Bigg Boss 14 and said that it was not an attempt to grab eyeballs. She added that she was 'genuinely' missing him.