Inside Ekta Kapoor’s Diwali party: Hina Khan, Karishma Tanna and Mouni Roy shine the brightest, see pics
Film producer and TV czarina Ekta Kapoor hosted a Diwali bash at her residence on Thursday with who’s who from the industry showing up in their festive best. Mouni Roy, Karishma Tanna, Hina Khan, Karan Patel and Anita Hassanandani were among those who attended the annual party at Ekta’s home.
Mouni Roy chose an ivory lehenga with bohemian vibes and statement jewellery as she arrived for the party. Karishma Tanna was seen in a fuchsia lehenga with mirror work and a deep neck.
Mrunal Thakur’s two-toned sari was classy yet sexy. Another actor who chose a sari on the occasion was Harleen Sethi. Karan Patel, who featured in Ekta’s Yeh Hai Mohabbatein and Kasautii Zindagi Kay, came with his wife Ankita Bhargav. The two were seen in gold and black. Another couple who chose the same statement colours were Anita Hassanandani and husband Rohit Reddy. The expectant parents posed for the shutterbugs.
Shabbir Ahluwalia also joined the celebrations with wife Kanchi Kaul. Casting director and filmmaker Mukesh Chhabra was also seen at the party.
It will be a muted Diwali celebration in the Hindi film industry this year. Actor Amitabh Bachchan, who hosts a party every year, has decided to call off his bash this year. Talking to media a few days earlier, Abhishek Bachchan had said, “It’s true. We had a death in the family this year. My sister Shweta’s mother-in-law (Ritu Nanda) passed away. Besides, who hosts parties at a time like this?”
He had added, “Civilization is going through the worst crisis ever. We all need to be as careful as possible. Observing the utmost social distance is the only option we have. And that too is not a guarantee against infection. Diwali parties and other social occasions are for now a distant dream.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kishwer Merchant and Suyyash Rai announced on Tuesday that they are expecting their first child. Check out their Instagram posts.
- Amazon Prime Video has issued a new apology over the legal cases surrounding the political drama Tandav. Read it here.
- Late Pratyusha Banerjee's ex-boyfriend, Rahul Raj Singh, has said that he is waiting for the day that karma punishes Kamya Panjabi and Vikas Gupta. Both Vikas and Kamya have spoken against Rahul in Pratyusha's suicide case.
- Rubina Dilaik, Abhinav Shukla, Nikki Tamboli, Arshi Khan, and Jaan Kumar Sanu attended a Bigg Boss 14 bash thrown by Rahul Mahajan and his wife, Natalya.
- Bigg Boss 14 contestant Jasmin Bhasin took to Twitter to urge her fans to not spread negativity. Her tweet came amid social media wars between her fans and those of Rubina Dilaik.
- Cricketer-turned-actor Salil Ankola shares how he was rushed to the hospital after facing breathlessness, soon after testing positive for coronavirus.
- Rubina Dilaik shared a throwback swimsuit photo of herself and said that she really wants to go on a vacation. However, her husband Abhinav Shukla had a funny response.
- Rakhi Sawant hosted a party on Monday, which was attended by a number of her Bigg Boss 14 co-contestants, including Nikki Tamboli, Jaan Kumar Sanu, Vikas Gupta and Rahul Mahajan.
- Prince Harry has said that his and wife Meghan Markle's decision to take a step back from the royal family was exacerbated by a desire to not have history repeat itself. He did not want to be overwhelmed by media scrutiny in the way that his mother, Diana, was.
- Nikki Tamboli has both defended and made certain clarifications about accusing Jaan Kumar Sanu of kissing her on Bigg Boss 14.
Karan Patel: As an actor, the challenge is to find work in films; to break the stigma that TV actors can’t become film stars
- Disha Parmar's batting skills earned her a Virat Kohli comparison from fiancé Rahul Vaidya. The couple is on a quick vacation together and has been posting updates on social media. Watch their latest video.
- Anita Hassanandani and Rohit Reddy have created an Instagram page for their newborn son, Aaravv. Head on over to satisfy your baby picture cravings.