US Govt's first reaction after Indian summons over missile attack on ship with Indian crew| Iran war

Published on Jun 11, 2026 04:04 pm IST

The United States has said it is in direct contact with the Government of India following New Delhi’s strong protest over attacks on commercial tankers that affected Indian seafarers in waters off Oman. Responding to a query, the US State Department said it is engaged with Indian authorities regarding the incident involving the tanker Settebello, which came under attack on June 10. India condemned the attack, noting that 21 of the 24 Indian crew members onboard had been rescued, while three remained missing. The Ministry of External Affairs described the incident as unacceptable and called for accountability.

RELATED VIDEOS

Amid Iran war, India signs ₹19000000000 deal to lease 2 US drones for 30 months

1:33
Amid Iran war, India signs ₹19000000000 deal to lease 2 US drones for 30 months
Published on Aug 17, 2026 07:53 pm IST

Russia's secret drone bases ready to strike NATO any time? 1st proof is here

9:45
Russia's secret drone bases ready to strike NATO any time? 1st proof is here
Published on Aug 17, 2026 07:52 pm IST

US no longer believes it can protect IDF from what’s coming?

8:57
US no longer believes it can protect IDF from what’s coming?
Published on Aug 17, 2026 07:50 pm IST

Monsoon Rains Flood Manila Homes And Submerge Roads Across Northern Philippines

0:44
Monsoon Rains Flood Manila Homes And Submerge Roads Across Northern Philippines
Published on Aug 17, 2026 07:43 pm IST

Indonesia Marks 81st Independence Day As Earthquake Death Toll Rises To 53

1:03
Indonesia Marks 81st Independence Day As Earthquake Death Toll Rises To 53
Published on Aug 17, 2026 05:58 pm IST

From weapons call to 'Dimagi Naxal' alert: PM Modi's I-Day speech decoded

30:23
PM Modi's Independence Day Speech decoded
Published on Aug 17, 2026 05:34 pm IST
Hindustantimes wants to start sending you push notifications. Click allow to subscribe