Insulting, ranting, boasting: Donald Trump’s 10 most outrageous tweets
A list of Republican Presidential candidate Donald Trump’s offensive or ranting tweets.world Updated: Nov 08, 2016 13:32 IST
In less than 12 hours, America will elect its next President.
In the build up to the elections, both candidates have used social media as an important campaigning tool, but also as a platform to indulge in good old political mud-slinging and name calling.
Republican Presidential nominee Donald Trump has been openly criticised for tweeting quite liberally and, often, offensively.
Before America picks a president, here’s a list of Donald Trump’s most outrageous tweets:
1) That time when he wanted the Democratic Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton in jail:
Hillary Clinton should have been prosecuted and should be in jail. Instead she is running for president in what looks like a rigged election— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 15, 2016
2) When he called Obama ignorant and the worst president America has seen:
"In politics, and in life, ignorance is not a virtue." This is a primary reason that President Obama is the worst president in U.S. history!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 17, 2016
3) When he dissed Senator Bernie Sanders for endorsing Hillary:
Bernie Sanders totally sold out to Crooked Hillary Clinton. All of that work, energy and money, and nothing to show for it! Waste of time.— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 26, 2016
4) When he decided New York City was a ‘disgrace’:
N.Y.C. has the worst Mayor in the United States. I hate watching what is happening with the dirty streets, the homeless and crime! Disgrace— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 7, 2015
5) When he tweeted, ‘If Hillary Clinton can’t satisfy her husband what makes her think she can satisfy America?’, and later deleted it. But turns out, he forgot that the Internet is written in ‘ink’ and nothing goes away when you have 13 million followers:
6) When he wrote the book on crass sexism in one tweet, attacking Arianna Huffington:
How much money is the extremely unattractive (both inside and out) Arianna Huffington paying her poor ex-hubby for the use of his name?— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 7, 2015
7) When he launched a verbal offensive against Senator Rand Paul:
Truly weird Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky reminds me of a spoiled brat without a properly functioning brain. He was terrible at DEBATE!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 11, 2015
8) When he declared how right he was about every thing:
It is amazing how often I am right, only to be criticized by the media. Illegal immigration, take the oil, build the wall, Muslims, NATO!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 24, 2016
9) When he told us how phony the other presidential candidates were:
I am in Iowa watching all of these phony T.V. ads by the other candidates. All bull, politicians are all talk and no action-it won't happen!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 23, 2016
10) When he wasn’t sure what he really thought of his own party:
Other than a small group of people who have suffered massive and embarrassing losses, the party is VERY united. Great love in the arena!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 21, 2016
And since it is Trump, the list, of course, far exceeds ten outrageous tweets. Remember the time he started his own hashtag #draintheswamp against his opponents :
When he is done using Twitter as a ranting platform, he finds time to promote his campaign slogan to his followers.
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 17, 2016
There he is making America great again, one tweet a time!
First Published: Nov 08, 2016 13:32 IST