10 things to do in Mumbai this weekend (Aug 19-21)
Want to make the most of your weekend? Here’s howHT48HRS_Special Updated: Aug 19, 2016 12:27 IST
Your weekend in Mumbai. Our guide
1) Theatre: Alexander vs Chanakya (AUGUST 19): What would Alexander and Chanakya — two historic figures who changed the course of modern politics — meet and discuss? Starring Prakhar Singh, Shweta Gupta, Rajesh Ranganathan, and Manali Paanchal, the story revolves around a fictional meeting between these two legends.
Where: Andheri Base, Whistling Woods, Link Road, Andheri (W); Call: 3091 6003; Ticket: Rs 300; When: 7pm
2) Theatre: White Rabbit Red Rabbit (AUGUST 20): TThis play involves no special training, rehearsals or reading sessions. The actor is handed the script he is to perform, directly on stage. Conceptualised by Iranian playwright Nassim Soleimanpour, the play now comes to Mumbai after an off-Broadway stint in New York.
Where: Canvas Laugh Club, Palladium, High Street Phoenix, Lower Parel; Call: 90046 03115; Ticket: Rs 500; When: 6pm
3) Theatre: 40 Shades of Grey (Hair): Two of India’s funniest men — Cyrus Broacha and Kunal Vijayakar — get together to shed comic light on what happens to Indian men after they hit the age of 40.
Where: St Andrew’s Auditorium, St Dominic Road, Bandra (W); Call: 2641 0926; Ticket: Rs 100 onward; When: 8pm
4) Music: The Other Projekt (AUGUST 19): Enjoy a night of psychedelic trance combined with EDM. DJ Aban will collaborate with indie musician Anand Bhagat, known for his progressive rock and techno sounds.
Where: Bonobo, Kenilworth Mall, off Linking Road, Bandra (W); Call: 2605 5050; Entry: Free; When: 9pm onward
5) Music: Retro Night (AUGUST 19): Unwind to the music of legends like Bee Gees, Queen, Abba, UB40 and Tom Petty. Sip on signature cocktails and draught beer as you experience the nostalgia.
Where: The Little Door, Andheri (W); Call: 99209 83836; Entry: Free; When: 9pm onward
6) Event: Wonderise (AUGUST 21): Start your day on a high note as you party at the break of dawn. Indulge in fitness dance session, including Zumba and belly fit routines. Enjoy a complimentary brunch with a series of health drinks and juices.
Where: AER, Hotel Rooftop, Dr E Moses Road, Worli; Call: 98208 66657; Price: Rs 500 onward; When: 6.30am to 11am
7) Comedy: Tapathon (AUGUST 21): Catch comedian Azeem Banatwala perform some of his signature stand-up gigs revolving around religion, Mumbai and flying monkeys. He will also perform an improv section where he takes ideas from the audience and makes up jokes.
Where: Tap, Royal Plaza, Shastri Nagar, Andheri (W); Call: 91676 66742; Price: Rs 500 onward; When: 7.30pm
8) Food and drink: Workout Pizza (AUGUST 19 20 21): Craving that pizza cheat when on a diet? Gorge on a truly healthy pizza made without cheese, on a whole-wheat base, topped with pizza sauce and shredded cabbage that mimics cheese in texture and resemblance.
Where: Juno’s Pizza (Lower Parel and Kemps Corner outlets); Call: 73030 05555; Price: Rs 440 onward; When: 11.30am to 10.30pm
9) Travel: Waterfall Rappelling (August 21): Climb down a waterfall and experience the windy cliff at Lavasa, this weekend. Trained mentors will be present to ensure the safety of participants.
Where: Panshet, Pune; Visit plusvalleyadventure.com to register; Price: Rs 1,050 onward; When: 6am (assembly time)
10) Art: Celebration of Love (AUGUST 19 20 21): The exhibition features a collection of 24 works by Dilip De. It traces the evolution of relationships since the times of Adam and Eve and the transformation of communication between lovers with the advent of technology.
Where: Jehangir Art Gallery, MG Road, Kala Ghoda; Call: 2284 3989; Entry: Free; When: 11am to 7pm