Coolie No 1 trailer: Varun Dhawan, Sara Ali Khan recreate the Govinda-Karisma magic in remake. Watch
The first trailer for Varun Dhawan and Sara Ali Khan's Coolie No.1 is out. The film shows Varun as the new-age coolie, donning multiple avatars in a colourful comedy of errors.
The trailer begins with Paresh Rawal looking for the richest man in India to wed his daughter (Sara Ali Khan) to. He lands on Varun Dhawan, a rich son of a rich dad, who whiles away his time playing golf at home and on conference calls with ATM aka Ambani, Trump and Modi. He quickly wins over Sara with some song and dance and Paresh is a happy father.
However, back home, he runs into another man, a coolie named Raju who looks just like his son-in-law to be. Does he have a twin or is the coolie really fooling everyone?
The movie also stars Johnny Lever, Rajpal Yadav and Jaaved Jaaferi. This movie directed by David Dhawan and produced by Vashu Bhagnani will be a remake of 1995 film of the same name starring Govinda and Karishma Kapoor in lead, which is famous for its amazing performances, great comedy, and melodious music.
Earlier, the star also announced the start of shooting of his new film Jug Jug Jeeyo co-starring Kiara Advani which will also mark a comeback of Neetu Kapoor in Indian cinema.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- Remo D'Souza, who recently had a health scare, was spotted out and about town with friend Aamir Ali. Watch a video here.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.
- Actor Sonam Kapoor has shared a new image from the Glasgow sets of her upcoming film, Blind. Her dad, Anil Kapoor, left a comment on her post.
- Natasa Stankovic has paid a heartfelt tribute to Hardik Pandya’s father who died on Saturday after suffering a heart attack.
- Disha Patani took to Instagram stories to share a video of herself dancing to rumoured boyfriend Tiger Shroff's new track, Casanova.
- Soni Razdan feels that Rhea Chakraborty has a bright future ahead of her in the film industry. Soni said that her time in jail 'clearly exposed the people who sent her there'.